Jump to content


Adrian Martinez


308_Husker

Recommended Posts


On 10/12/2021 at 11:58 AM, Nebraska55fan said:

Not so sure

With 83 pulling wide- lots of space and a lead blocker there. 

 

There is an unblocked man right in the area he chose to run to. 

It actually looks like it's an iso play and 83 was supposed cut up inside and block the MLB. Adrian is clearly running the play like it's designed to stay inside the tackle.

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, ZRod said:

It actually looks like it's an iso play and 83 was supposed cut up inside and block the MLB. Adrian is clearly running the play like it's designed to stay inside the tackle.

 If the play is as you suggest- it would be the first time we've run it. 

However we have run the play with the TE sealing outside before. 

Link to comment
10 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

 If the play is as you suggest- it would be the first time we've run it. 

However we have run the play with the TE sealing outside before. 

We've ran him up the middle with an empty backfield a couple times this year, but I don't recall the games to reference them.

 

It just looks wrong... Iso is just a guess. If you watch the play Vokolek is confused on what he's supposed to block. It looks like he's supposed to lead Adrian through the hole because that's his trajectory, but then he bounces outside around the tackle at the last second and Adrain is focused on the keeping the ball inside the tackle.

 

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment

1 minute ago, Nebraska55fan said:

 Sorry, I dont have the time or inclination to search through all the game film- Ive seen it. I have a life- things to do other than prove you wrong on a free anonymous message board. :rolleyes:

 

Yep, as usual you never have any examples of these thing you supposedly see all the time.  And things you claim you haven't seen when you are given examples you are dismissive or move the goalposts.

  • Plus1 2
Link to comment

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

 

Yep, as usual you never have any examples of these thing you supposedly see all the time.  And things you claim you haven't seen when you are given examples you are dismissive or move the goalposts.

 Mavric- Sorry, I don't have the time to go through every film clip and prove you wrong again. I really do have a life outside this free anonymous message board. 

But feel free to share another twitter poll from some nobody yahoo that ranks Nebraska in their top 25, that will certainly quench all our koolaid thirsts. :D

Link to comment
Just now, Nebraska55fan said:

 Mavric- Sorry, I don't have the time to go through every film clip and prove you wrong again. I really do have a life outside this free anonymous message board. 

 

You have yet to prove me wrong because you never have any examples.  Everything is just stuff you have "seen".

 

It's pretty odd that you claim to have done all this film study so you obviously do have a bunch of free time.

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, Mavric said:

 

You have yet to prove me wrong because you never have any examples.  Everything is just stuff you have "seen".

 

It's pretty odd that you claim to have done all this film study so you obviously do have a bunch of free time.

 

You have all the film clips- why dont YOU show us the plays where the TE has led up plays as an ISO> 

 

I watch the game LIVE- then once through after. I dont save the clips or go back to archive it or spend hours of my day searching clips so I can prove you wrong again. 

 

Just yesterday= so Noah Vedral was well developed according to you, yet threw 9 TDs and 8 Ints last season and is averaging just 6.5 yards an attempt over his career.  Ok- got it, thanks. I realize that's Nearly 20 TDs and 7 yards by your definition- but the real numbers just dont add up. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

You have all the film clips- why dont YOU show us the plays where the TE has led up plays as an ISO> 

 

First, if you make an assertion, the burden of proof is on you.  You keep trying to pass it off on me to prove your assertions.  Probably means they don't really carry any weight.  I never made any assertions about an Iso.

 

4 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

I watch the game LIVE- then once through after. I dont save the clips or go back to archive it or spend hours of my day searching clips so I can prove you wrong again. 

 

You don't have to save an archive clips.  You just have to remember roughly where you've seen it and be able to point to it.  You've never been able to do that with any of your assertions.  Probably means they don't carry any weight.

 

4 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Just yesterday= so Noah Vedral was well developed according to you, yet threw 9 TDs and 8 Ints last season and is averaging just 6.5 yards an attempt over his career.  Ok- got it, thanks. I realize that's Nearly 20 TDs and 7 yards by your definition- but the real numbers just dont add up. 

 

Yep, you have to try to deflect away from the current discussion because you don't have anything to back it up.

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...