Adrian Martinez

308_Husker

2 hours ago, ZRod said:

This is what the Martinez fumbled play was supposed to look like. Slightly different formation with Allen coming in motion, but same play.

youtu.be/olQt-cPIlBE&t=7m10s

With Michigan in cover zero if Vokolek gets the right block it could have been a TD. There was nobody left beyond 5 yards...

Nice find!  I didn't remember the TE leading up like that.  Although it almost looks to me like he was expecting to kick out but Benhart was already blocking the DE so he redirected up through the hole.  Either way, that works.

59 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Nice find!  I didn't remember the TE leading up like that.  Although it almost looks to me like he was expecting to kick out but Benhart was already blocking the DE so he redirected up through the hole.  Either way, that works.

If you watch the rest of the game, they do that play again a couple of times.  Wish the TE would have done it correctly against MI.  Like was said earlier.  If he could have blocked the LB, there was nobody behind him.

• Plus1 1
17 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Wish the TE would have done it correctly against MI.  Like was said earlier.  If he could have blocked the LB, there was nobody behind him.

Yep. This is why complaining about play calling  on one single, failed play is typically lazy fan stuff; it's low hanging fruit that is so easy to have as a go-to.

Weak side option on 3rd & 7 would have sounded dumb to fans of other teams circa 1993 and also today, but if everybody makes their block it works.

I will say that while Martinez is in my opinion the best player on our entire football team, preferably I think on that play late in the 4th quarter against UM you really want a guy like Yant taking the handoff there. The issue is that they know what's coming in that scenario.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Undone said:

I will say that while Martinez is in my opinion the best player on our entire football team, preferably I think on that play late in the 4th quarter against UM you really want a guy like Yant taking the handoff there. The issue is that they know what's coming in that scenario.

That has been my only negative thought on that play (obviously, other than the fumble).  I would have preferred an RB having the ball in his hands.  But, then it's also possible the other team would have easily stuffed him since they would have known what's coming.  They needed...what?  3 yards?  It's not like it was 4th and inches.

I love this kid and he is a baller. 
We don’t have anyone better and he keeps us in games, makes some good plays. 

but when it matters most for 4 straight years HE CHOKES 

My solution: we just have to live with it. It is what it is 

• Plus1 4

1 minute ago, HuskerPriest said:

I like Adrian….seems like a good dude and represents NU well. But some people thrive under pressure and win and some don’t. AM doesn’t. 

I am not willing to give up on Frost. I want to see what he can do with a different QB Martinez is just a choke artist

• Fire 1