Adrian Martinez

308_Husker

22 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

Doesn't matter.  At the end of the day, a 4 year starter has to make a better decision than an obvious intentional grounding in the end zone.

Everything else is an excuse.  Bottom line, that was a horrible play from somebody that should know better.

It's also reality to point out what's influencing his decision and provide statistical evidence of how fast QBs make decisions.

• Plus1 2

26 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Personally I don't think he comes back but we'll see.

What else is he going to do? I think he'll get a look in the NFL, but he'd get a longer and better paying look if he comes back and puts together another good year. He's only 21, this isn't like he's running out of time. Wouldn't shock me if he moves on but I expect him to come back. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

What else is he going to do? I think he'll get a look in the NFL, but he'd get a longer and better paying look if he comes back and puts together another good year. He's only 21, this isn't like he's running out of time. Wouldn't shock me if he moves on but I expect him to come back. 

I think he, and likely a lot of others on the team, will evaluate based on 2 things.  Did the team finish with momentum- does it feel like next year could go well?  2nd, are there any staff changes.  

A new coach might change things up considerably if that's the direction Nebraska goes.  Guessing we see a lot of Covid Juniors bounce if that's the case.  

• Plus1 1

If he comes back and we don't go 7-5 next year & Frost gets fired, just imagine how many Husker fans will say that the reason Frost was never successful here was because of Adrian Martinez.

You can absolutely book it. There'll be tons of people saying that for years and years to come if it plays out that way.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/25/2021 at 12:30 PM, Husker in WI said:

:frenchy

• Plus1 1

Martinez has the athletic ability and build of a P5 coaches dream

He has the arm of an FCS player.

The mental grasp for the game of a high school player 

Just now, Packerhuskerfan said:

Do they have rankings for number of bonehead decisions in a season?  Martinez pretty much single handedly cost us the Purdue game.  

And Michigan and MSU, played a good role in the Illinois lose too.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

Frost and Martinez need a divorce. On paper they should work. the chip Kelly disciple who won big a ucf with a high scoring offense and the 4 star qb with all the athletic ability you could ask for. But even though I'm sure they love each other they just dont work together. I would like to see what another coaching staff could do with Martinez he's a likable guy that i want to root for.