Adrian Martinez

308_Husker

1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

My point is, people realize that reality. No hurt feelings involved. Unfortunately that also means more of the same unbearable bulls#!t for another season. Can’t blame people for wanting to move on from Frost and/or Adrian even if it obviously isn’t going to happen. People just want to win and are sick of the weekly s#!tshow. I mean I know Frost wants 2AM to be his guy next year but I certainly can appreciate that people are hoping against hope that something different occurs.  There are many still calling for Frost to be fired. It ain’t happening but can’t fault people for saying it anyway. I don’t think it’s because they’re not facing reality but rather because they realize what that reality means.

Fair enough.  I for one just don't want to delude myself into any more hope when I now realize there isn't any unless somehow these new coaches are miracle workers.  That's the only delta here.

I fully understand the feeling however, to each their own.

5 minutes ago, lo country said:

Here is part of the problem.  All season, how many of y'all thought we'd blow it on the final drive?  Waiting for the INT, the penalty, the fumble....Whatever mistake that would end our opportunity to win or tie.  I thought that on every final drive of every one score loss this season.  To include this afternoons game.  I am betting the team thinks and feels the exact same way.  They overthink.  Try too hard to not make a mistake so that they end up making one.  Every guy out there is waiting for the "shoe to drop".   5-19 in one score games.  In 4 OT's, no first downs and no points scored.  Multiple times we had the ball in the final drive to tie or win and nada.....This team just gets too tight and implodes.  

Yep. At no point did I ever think they would buck the trend and find a way to win. We know they will find a way to lose. It would be strange if the players didn’t feel the same way. It’s the current culture.

1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

Yep. At no point did I ever think they would buck the trend and find a way to win. We know they will find a way to lose. It would be strange if the players didn’t feel the same way. It’s the current culture.

And with every miscue, it just further re-enforces that the next game will be no different.  And how many guys look/think/wait for AM to mess up on that final drive.......How the hell does a coach fix it. Or does it require a brand new coach? Or a brand new QB?

26 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Really, I think there are 10 others on the field.  

Well it actually seemed so fitting that Adrian Martinez heroically plays through injury after injury to only come within two plays of allowing Smothers to keep his redshirt. Seems like a perfect way to sum up Adrian's career, but it was Frost who sent Smothers in there for two plays when he could have taken a knee. Frost and Martinez are one in the same I'll only see Martinez every time I look at Frost going forward.

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, ndobney said:

Well it actually seemed so fitting that Adrian Martinez heroically plays through injury after injury to only come within two plays of allowing Smothers to keep his redshirt. Seems like a perfect way to sum up Adrian's career, but it was Frost who sent Smothers in there for two plays when he could have taken a knee. Frost and Martinez are one in the same I'll only see Martinez every time I look at Frost going forward.

Kinda creepy vibes on this one man. 

4 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

I've waited for Benhart, Corcoran or even Jurgens to make a mistake long before Martinez. Every big play, I hold my breath for the holding call. Not to mention the false start before the ball is even snapped.

Don't forget a good old fashion Ole!

• Plus1 1

I’ll say this, not in defense of AM per say, but as a commentary on Frost.  AM has not remained healthy for an entire season while at NU.  It was a concern many had mentioned on the board.  If the fans could see this, why did Frost and Co not work their butts off to develop, recruit or prepare a serviceable back up.  AM has a proven history of getting dinged up.  Was it 2019 that Luke, Noah and AM were all dinged up?  

10 minutes ago, lo country said:

I’ll say this, not in defense of AM per say, but as a commentary on Frost.  AM has not remained healthy for an entire season while at NU.  It was a concern many had mentioned on the board.  If the fans could see this, why did Frost and Co not work their butts off to develop, recruit or prepare a serviceable back up.  AM has a proven history of getting dinged up.  Was it 2019 that Luke, Noah and AM were all dinged up?  

I think it's more about development - qb & line.

57 minutes ago, lo country said:

AM missing his whole Senior year in HS due to shoulder issues should have raised some flags.   

33 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

AM missing his whole Senior year in HS due to shoulder issues should have raised some flags.   

Seriously? Guys tear something all the time and come back good as new. You grasping.

He gets beat up because we rely too much on him to run the ball, and give him swiss cheese for an offensive line. Armstrong never made it through a season unscathed and Taylor Martinez never did either.

1 hour ago, lo country said:

Who says Logan isn't serviceable? He did alright when he saw action this year. I can understand having a 4 year guy out there over a 1.5 year guy even if he's banged up. I also see the side of sitting him, but when you've gotta win games I'd probably go with the veteran too.

• Plus1 3