Adrian Martinez

308_Husker

5 hours ago, admo said:

I might be an AM homer since day 1, but I really feel this could be the year.

Don't get me wrong. I am excited for Logan to grow in the system next year and beyond.....

But this season? I feel AM gone be good, yo.

AM will hopefully be pretty good. But frankly, a lot of our issues stem from development in areas outside of QB.

Most of AMs struggles came from turnovers, particularly fumbles. While partly his fault, we used our QB like they were a running back because of injuries and lack of development in our running back room. Our RB situation was so terrible our smallest WR was our go to option after our starting QB. We have to develop an actual run game so our QBs don't combine for 20 carries a game. That will help limit fumbles.

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 1
14 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

we used our QB like they were a running back because of injuries and lack of development in our running back room. Our RB situation was so terrible our smallest WR was our go to option after our starting QB. We have to develop an actual run game so our QBs don't combine for 20 carries a game.

From what I've heard so far this spring, our RB situation is still terrible. Like we'd better hope the Gabe Ervin hype is real, because it's like every other goddamn RB we've recruited needs to be kept in bubble wrap.

9 hours ago, Toe said:

From what I've heard so far this spring, our RB situation is still terrible. Like we'd better hope the Gabe Ervin hype is real, because it's like every other goddamn RB we've recruited needs to be kept in bubble wrap.

Ron Brown never seemed to have an issue having a legit RB....

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Ron Brown never seemed to have an issue having a legit RB....

In year 4, at one of the "deeper" position groups and we still have issues.  One might want to start looking at the one common factor each year.  IMHO, outside of Oz, our RB's have over promised and under delivered.  Had Bell stayed, I am unsure we would have even seen Oz. Held needs to step up big time.  I am sure some will say Bell didn't work, Mo didn't work, insert excuse here, but our answer appears to always be "wait until the next guy gets here".  How about start to develop the guys we have here.  Get some friggin depth.  Same with WR....This O (or any) will not really start to produce anything meaningful until we get some real depth.  I bagged on Chin, a lot, but the D is getting some depth.  Seeing a shift in mentality.  The O?  Not so much (at least skilled positions).

16 minutes ago, lo country said:

Had Bell stayed, I am unsure we would have even seen Oz.

Bell left when (and presumably because) Ozigbo was named co-starter. We were already seeing plenty of Oz when Bell bailed.

• Plus1 1
21 minutes ago, Toe said:

Bell left when (and presumably because) Ozigbo was named co-starter. We were already seeing plenty of Oz when Bell bailed.

Looking back, looks like he got the nod game 4.  I blotted out a lot of that year.  And the 1st guy to get over 1000 in a season since AA in 2014.  Hoping Held gets something figured out in the running game. Having AM being the primary runner isn't going to be a winning formula.

6 minutes ago, Toe said:

For the option to work, there has to be another option besides the QB. :cowbell:

Haha.  Truth.  It's like JLo right, JLo left under Solich (Still one of my fave Huskers in Lord).  

Not drinking the kool-aid yet, but this staff has got to know this is a make or break year. Not in guys being fired, but turning the corner.  I like that Frost is involved with AM more.  I like the talk of the run game.  I like the D.  Just unsure what we look like on O with tons of potential, but nothing really proven.  An no real back up for AM. I am not counting on him staying healthy all season.

• jsneb83 locked and unlocked this topic