Jump to content

Adrian Martinez


308_Husker

Recommended Posts


  • Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hats off to Adrian Martinez today. I thought he played a very solid game during an extremely shaky year.   He lost his starting job this season, split time today with Luke, and still complet

I don't think that's really fair at all.  Their abilities as a passer are not really even close, as was pretty evident this year.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, ZRod said:

I would have to strongly disagree about QBs. Martinez almost never avoids contact and 90% of the time dives head first for yardage. 

 

WRs is a different story. Pretty often I wish they would fight for extra yards on the sidelines. But they take a beating over the middle.

My seats are right down the sideline.  Martinez has run out of bounds several times, as we have had that discussion in our section as the old timers want him to not run out of bounds.  I will say Martinez takes things on himself & tries to do do much when the offense is not moving the ball. 

  • Plus1 2
Link to post
39 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

My seats are right down the sideline.  Martinez has run out of bounds several times, as we have had that discussion in our section as the old timers want him to not run out of bounds.  I will say Martinez takes things on himself & tries to do do much when the offense is not moving the ball. 

 

I think that the best things for Martinez this year will be:

 

1) cutting down on turnovers

 

2) a few other skill guys emerging so that he doesn't feel like he has to do everything

  • Plus1 1
Link to post
4 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

I'm currently at Gatorade Zero Sugar.  Thought about buying some KoolAid at the store today though...Might have to go Capri Sun first before KoolAid.

 

I'm sipping the Country Time Lemonade. I want that Kool-Aid.

  • Plus1 1
Link to post
2 hours ago, J-MAGIC said:

 

I think that the best things for Martinez this year will be:

 

1) cutting down on turnovers

 

2) a few other skill guys emerging so that he doesn't feel like he has to do everything

Getting him out of the pocket and rolling out seems to be more comfortable for him too. I still question his passing and think he’ll continue to try too much instead of taking what’s there now to setup the big play later, but I think they’ll get the playbook right this year. 

Link to post

32 minutes ago, Savage Husker said:

Getting him out of the pocket and rolling out seems to be more comfortable for him too. I still question his passing and think he’ll continue to try too much instead of taking what’s there now to setup the big play later, but I think they’ll get the playbook right this year. 

Agree, roll him to trips side (obviously this is not an every down thing) and have the 3 player side do the SSS (Sit, Slant, Speed)...nothing there, tuck it for 5

  • Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
5 hours ago, J-MAGIC said:

 

I think that the best things for Martinez this year will be:

 

1) cutting down on turnovers

 

2) a few other skill guys emerging so that he doesn't feel like he has to do 

Agree, there were so many issues  last year on offense it's hard to point at one position group.

  • Plus1 2
Link to post
1 hour ago, hunter49 said:

throwing the ball away and avoiding the sacs.

 

I dunno, man, those sacs look pretty comfy. Maybe they could just put them in the training room for recovery.

 

Lovesac.jpg

  • Haha 1
Link to post

23 minutes ago, Toe said:

 

I dunno, man, those sacs look pretty comfy. Maybe they could just put them in the training room for recovery.

 

Lovesac.jpg

We have a LoveSac in our basement, and its main function now is being a bed for my dog while I work in my basement.  She's sleeping on that thing all day while I fake work at home.

  • Plus1 2
Link to post
23 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

My seats are right down the sideline.  Martinez has run out of bounds several times, as we have had that discussion in our section as the old timers want him to not run out of bounds.  I will say Martinez takes things on himself & tries to do do much when the offense is not moving the ball. 

I don't think it's nearly as much as you'd like to believe. Martinez is the last person I'm going to question on effort and fighting for yardage.

 

 

I see one time where he clearly chose to run out of bounds against Rutgers, and he looked gassed. That's the only time where he wasn't about to get tackled and could have picked up more than an extra yard or two.

  • Plus1 1
Link to post
16 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I don't think it's nearly as much as you'd like to believe. Martinez is the last person. I'm going to question on effort and fighting for yardage.

 

 

I see one time where he clearly chose to run out of bounds against Rutgers, and he looked gassed. That's the only time where he wasn't about to get tackled and could have picked up more than an extra yard or two.

 

TIL that an Adrian Martinez 2020 Highlights video could be 8 minutes long. 

Link to post
4 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

 

TIL that an Adrian Martinez 2020 Highlights video could be 8 minutes long. 

 

Well they are his ULTIMATE highlights

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.






×
×
  • Create New...