Adrian Martinez

308_Husker

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yeah....it's probably more productive to go read his blog or go to one of his coaching seminars to learn proper QB coaching techniques and theories.

He wouldn't be allowed in- there are prerequisites- Must be able to pass a basic football knowledge test- that I know neither of you would be able to pass- based on your cluelessness on something as basic as zone read. We would sell you some reading material and videos though that might help.  You would have to promise not to try and discuss said material with anyone, we wouldnt want you confusing them with your total  lack of football knowledge. Definitely worth your while, I can probably get you a coupon code. 

7 hours ago, Nebraska55fan said:

He wouldn't be allowed in- there are prerequisites- Must be able to pass a basic football knowledge test- that I know neither of you would be able to pass- based on your cluelessness on something as basic as zone read. We would sell you some reading material and videos though that might help.  You would have to promise not to try and discuss said material with anyone, we wouldnt want you confusing them with your total  lack of football knowledge. Definitely worth your while, I can probably get you a coupon code. 

ma-the-meatloaf-35477194.png

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3

On 8/12/2021 at 9:46 PM, UniversalMartin said:

AM got to big (physically) imo, and I remember at some point referring to it...I think the size he is now will show flashes of Freshmen year with some seasoning of experience...he is going to be good but NOT great this year...which I am fine with...a good QB is infinitely better than a mediocre QB compared to good vs great

Good QB S make good decisions...which at the end of the day is what our offense needs...we don't need great..we need consistency 

I understand the need to bulk QBs up to be able to withstand the wear and tear and punishment, but by doing so, Adrian lost quite a bit of his elusiveness and wiggle. Interested to see how he does this year at a lighter weight.

13 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I understand the need to bulk QBs up to be able to withstand the wear and tear and punishment, but by doing so, Adrian lost quite a bit of his elusiveness and wiggle. Interested to see how he does this year at a lighter weight.

I know it's just practice and we are only seeing the "good" parts, but he does look more fit (slimmer/more fluid).  His throwing motion looks "effortless".  He appears to be having a good time. The potential to have receivers over 6' can't be lover looked. OL improved and Cam hopefully locked on will result in an improved version of 2AM 1.0........

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

That is always an awful idea. If you need your QB to withstand a bunch of punishment you aren't going to win many games. 

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Depends.  If he’s being punished because our o line sucks, yep. If he’s being punished because he’s running like our QBs of our glory years, nope. 

If we still ran that offense I might agree, but we don't.  Long gone are the days of 10 pass attempts per game and we've already seen what over running the QB gets us under Frost. Pick your spots running the QB, and get down or out of bounds when doing so. Never is taking a bunch of big hits a good idea, especially when you need that guy to be able to throw the ball.  Adrian's had multiple shoulder surgeries already.  

On 8/13/2021 at 11:35 AM, Nebraska55fan said:

Wow- so you obviously dont understand that the READ guy is UNBLOCKED

The offense is READING him- so NO ONE blocks him. 

Its really really basic option football. Its been around FOREVER. Im embarrassed for you that you have no clue about a very basic football play run in almost every college game these days. 

https://fishduck.com/playbook/the-chip-kelly-oregon-spread-offense-analysis/understanding-the-oregon-offense/first-fish-tutorial-the-inside-zone-read/

The Center has two jobs. One is to block, the other is to SNAP THE BALL PROPERLY, ESPECIALLY IN A SHOTGUN OR PISTOL FORMATION! How can a QB, any QB, read the schematically understood, unblocked defender whilst simultaneously exerting unnecessary motion to FIND AND CATCH THE SNAP? I would think such an accomplished, decorated, clearly superior in every quantifiable metric coach/man would understand the dual role of the Center position on the offensive line.

Edit: The Center has 3 jobs, usually. That position makes the line calls for the other offensive linemen. 

Edited by Lonestar_Husker
Additional info.
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
7 hours ago, runningblind said:

If we still ran that offense I might agree, but we don't.  Long gone are the days of 10 pass attempts per game and we've already seen what over running the QB gets us under Frost. Pick your spots running the QB, and get down or out of bounds when doing so. Never is taking a bunch of big hits a good idea, especially when you need that guy to be able to throw the ball.  Adrian's had multiple shoulder surgeries already.  

That doesn’t have anything to do with my comment.  Fact is, the qb is going to be asked to run the ball in this offense. He has to be durable to do it. 

TF only ran the ball 9 times per game in 95.  He still needed to be decently sized and durable. 

15 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

That doesn’t have anything to do with my comment.  Fact is, the qb is going to be asked to run the ball in this offense. He has to be durable to do it. 

TF only ran the ball 9 times per game in 95.  He still needed to be decently sized and durable. 

I get your point.  One thing I've seen a few times is that guys lose what made them special when bulking up.  Adrian is a prime example.  I'd rather have the runs be smart and avoid contact at all cost to maintain the athleticism that makes them special.

• Plus1 1