Adrian Martinez

308_Husker

35 minutes ago, hunter49 said:

i just don't think running designed QB runs for primary rushing yards is smart. especially when you only have 1 QB with experience.

as a former QB, Frost should understand this.

Why would Frost lean into this line of thought. He made hay and won championships as a running QB. Whats more I don't recall him missing time for injuries during his career either.

• Plus1 1

I've seen a number of highlights from Taylor Martinez in the last week.  It's amazing how fast he was.  If he got in the open, he was gone and nobody was catching him.

Which, I'm sure 2AM isn't quite as fast at Taylor.  But, it's going to be interesting to see if he has that type of pull away speed if he gets in the open now that he's slimmed down.

What's amazing about Taylor too is that many of those highlights were while he had an injured foot.

• Plus1 3
2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I've seen a number of highlights from Taylor Martinez in the last week.  It's amazing how fast he was.  If he got in the open, he was gone and nobody was catching him.

Which, I'm sure 2AM isn't quite as fast at Taylor.  But, it's going to be interesting to see if he has that type of pull away speed if he gets in the open now that he's slimmed down.

What's amazing about Taylor too is that many of those highlights were while he had an injured foot.

I think 2AM has better moves, but he's definitely got less top-end speed. Taylor was, well, Magic :D 

• Plus1 4

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

That guy got up to top speed in like 2 strides. I was at the ksu game in Manhattan in 2010 when he ran wild for 200 and some odd yards and scored 4 TDs. It was quite the show. Most fun I ever had at an away game.

12 minutes ago, KC Sker said:

That guy got up to top speed in like 2 strides. I was at the ksu game in Manhattan in 2010 when he ran wild for 200 and some odd yards and scored 4 TDs. It was quite the show. Most fun I ever had at an away game.

I was at the Washington game in Seattle....same thing.  The Washington fans around us were just sitting and stewing because their defense couldn't do anything.

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

From what I was told by a player from that era, the foot injury really limited Taylor with lateral movement.

Still, Taylor's most epic run remains the 150 yard touchdown against Wisconsin in the Big 10 Championship game in 2012. 

He never was a juker. He just saw the seams. Someone should have taken a chance on him as a kick returner.

• Plus1 2