Adrian Martinez

308_Husker

I'm not exactly "enjoying the ride" being 2-4. And I'm fairly confident that Frost isn't, either. But I definitely love the team and will cheer for them 100% no matter what.  :cheers

I honestly don't quite understand what's unacceptable about speculating on what our record would have been if COVID hadn't happened.   :dunno

@FrantzHardySwag

Idk if it will happen but a fair ending for him would be him leading this team to a 8-9 wins next year. I was vocal about getting Milton, but it’s admirable if Frost rides or dies with AM.

I'm hoping for the same. Fans can't hold it against themselves for wanting Milton or even wanting more. What's happened at the QB situation is problematic and I think Frost would readily admit that things probably haven't been what he hoped they would be.

• Plus1 1

@Mavric thanks for posting Severe's Tweet about Martinez's career against Big Ten West opponents.  Severe was commenting in the post-game on Saturday about Martinez's career success against the Big Ten West.  I understand things were wonky after Northwestern, and it was probably good for Adrian to sit and watch for a game or two, but the offense would have been so much better against Illinois if Adrian were the QB.

• Plus1 3

FrantzHardySwag said:

"I’ll keep going. I saw the Frost hug today, I saw Frost talking to him after the game,  I saw how he handled getting benched (which was a fair benching), I saw the Illinois speech. Man I want the kid to win, not just cause I’m a Husker fan but cause he’s put in the work. Idk if it will happen but a fair ending for him would be him leading this team to a 8-9 wins next year."

Agree very much with this ^^^^^^^

Most of the criticism Martinez received was warranted, especially last year. He just wasn't dynamic and at times was very flat.

He's had flashes of that this year as well, which led to his benching. Can't have that in this offense.

But the Martinez we saw against Purdue looked a lot more like the Martinez we thought we'd see after his Freshman year. 

He keeps making improvement like that, it's going to be hard to take the job from him next year. And I think everyone would be happy if he led us to 8+ wins. 

• Plus1 4
  • jsneb83 locked and unlocked this topic