Jump to content


Adrian Martinez


308_Husker

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Name me two or three top coaches that routinely put in their back up QB in the first half where A) the game is still on the line…and B) the starter doesn’t need pulled because he’s doing poorly. 

Why?  I don’t care if we do it or not.  All I said was Pinkel did it with success and it wasn’t a bad idea.  And I also quite clearly in the post you replied to said Saturday’s game would not have been a good situation for it.
 

 

  • Plus1 2
Link to comment

11 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Why?  I don’t care if we do it or not.  All I said was Pinkel did it with success and it wasn’t a bad idea.  And I also quite clearly in the post you replied to said Saturday’s game would not have been a good situation for it.
 

 

Because I find it interesting that fans think this is such a great idea.  But, the best coaches don’t do it. Hmmmm….

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment

I would have bet money that Martinez was going to be here this season and next but now I’m not so sure. Maybe I’m just being a homer but I’m seeing a lot of twitter takes about how Martinez outplayed Rattler Saturday, with a lesser supporting cast and against a much nastier edge rusher.

 

Adrian has flaws but watching what Lamar Jackson did last night, I don’t see why Martinez can’t have some success in the NFL in the right landing spot. Lamar Jackson made a couple mistakes and didn’t really complete any pretty throws, he just made incredible play after incredible play and knew when to attack on the ground and when to make the pass. Now he’s in a completely special tier of playmaker at QB but it wouldn’t surprise me if Martinez shoots up some draft boards, especially if he continues to keep his TOs down and if we can string together some wins.

  • Plus1 3
Link to comment

image.png.71c2df831d1f165cda8ee5b98f9894f1.png

 

 

The tide starts to turn though when this is what teams think they have to sell out to do coming into a game...and then Martinez hits post route bombs like the one he hit with Betts on Saturday.

 

I think that's where the 2017 UCF team was so dangerous.

 

Can we keep doing this? If we can, I'm not even sure that Wisconsin & Iowa can stop us. 

  • Oh Yeah! 5
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Undone said:

image.png.71c2df831d1f165cda8ee5b98f9894f1.png

 

 

The tide starts to turn though when this is what teams think they have to sell out to do coming into a game...and then Martinez hits post route bombs like the one he hit with Betts on Saturday.

 

I think that's where the 2017 UCF team was so dangerous.

 

Can we keep doing this? If we can, I'm not even sure that Wisconsin & Iowa can stop us. 

What a development!  In the span of two days we have transitioned from meandering Big Ten West bottom feeder to unstoppable.  And who says message boards don't have value.   The Kool Aid evidently comes with a free Xanax these days.

 

Today we theoretically lay waste to Iowa and Wisconsin, tomorrow...look out Ohio State!  We will dominate you with our collective imaginations!

 

 

  • Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Oh Yeah! 2
Link to comment
3 hours ago, krc1995 said:

It’s so surreal that in just a month Adrian went from a statistical anomaly, as someone on here labeled his pending records, to looking like a potential Heisman candidate. What gives? The line certainly didn’t get any better. 

He's not a potential hypsman candidate. But we did play a pretty good team down to the wire; and they were kind enough to only bring 3 and 4 man pressures, so our shoddy line looked serviceable. Adrian has never been the problem with this team, he's always been the gum that's plugging the leak at 1000 feet below the surface.

  • Plus1 3
Link to comment

54 minutes ago, ZRod said:

He's not a potential hypsman candidate. But we did play a pretty good team down to the wire; and they were kind enough to only bring 3 and 4 man pressures, so our shoddy line looked serviceable. Adrian has never been the problem with this team, he's always been the gum that's plugging the leak at 1000 feet below the surface.

I know he’s not a heisman candidate, but he surely outplayed one. And he doesn’t have the offensive pieces like the other one does either. 
 

I love the kid but you have to admit that was the best version of himself Saturday. I hope it wasn’t random. Read the tweet from his dad after the game about how his son balled out.  My heart goes out to the families that read the crap we post about their kids after losses. 

  • Plus1 4
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
On 9/18/2021 at 4:20 PM, BoNeyard said:

Adrian is listed as a junior, I just realized this. Does that mean there’s a chance he comes back next year? Sorry, I know he had a good game, but still at the end of the day he didn’t do enough, and those two sacks at the end of the game instead of throwing the ball away goes to show he still makes major errors that a 4 year starter shouldn’t make.

I've been as hard on Adrian as anyone.  But, the people that don't see how vastly improved he is this year then I can't help you.  He did an amazing job against OU; accurate throws, slippery when pressured bc our Line is poor, composed in a hostile, loud environment.  He has also shown mental fortitude that is refreshing.  Illinois was his worst game.  He did not allow that to affect him the next three games.

 

I, for one, am proud of him.  He's played through adversity and has shown this year he's a real fighter on the field.  

  • Plus1 5
Link to comment
16 hours ago, All Hail Herbie said:

What a development!  In the span of two days we have transitioned from meandering Big Ten West bottom feeder to unstoppable.  And who says message boards don't have value.   The Kool Aid evidently comes with a free Xanax these days.

 

Today we theoretically lay waste to Iowa and Wisconsin, tomorrow...look out Ohio State!  We will dominate you with our collective imaginations!

 

 

 

You don't watch the games, but you come here to trash other people's takes that do watch the games and do enjoy the team.

 

Come at me, bro.

  • Plus1 6
  • Oh Yeah! 1
Link to comment
37 minutes ago, Undone said:

 

You don't watch the games, but you come here to trash other people's takes that do watch the games and do enjoy the team.

 

Come at me, bro.

Why be confrontational when it is far better to be real.  While I love optimism, the "unstoppable" comments appear to be whistling past the graveyard.  

 

In terms of enjoyment, I get that out of injecting realism and a little sarcasm into topical discussions that range from the interesting (Coaching, schematics, etc.) to the vital (i.e. beer drinking outside Memorial Stadium), to the irrelevant (uniform styles).

 

This board should be an insecurity free zone.

  • Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, All Hail Herbie said:

Why be confrontational when it is far better to be real.  While I love optimism, the "unstoppable" comments appear to be whistling past the graveyard.  

 

In terms of enjoyment, I get that out of injecting realism and a little sarcasm into topical discussions that range from the interesting (Coaching, schematics, etc.) to the vital (i.e. beer drinking outside Memorial Stadium), to the irrelevant (uniform styles).

 

This board should be an insecurity free zone.

You think you're keeping it real by not watching the games but still commenting? Nevermind, rhetorical question.

  • Plus1 4
  • Oh Yeah! 1
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.





×
  • Create New...