Dear Scott Frost

It's been a rough start, but if you can prove to us you can adapt this can still go the way you want.  Here are some things that seem fairly obvious to those watching, but may not seem so obvious to you:

1. Hire a full time special teams coordinator, who can make in game adjustments. ST can often be the difference between winning in losing, especially in the B1G, as you have seen two years running versus Iowa.

2. Get rid of your QB coach in order to accomplish #1. The quarterbacks are thinking too much, and you both seem to still think Luke McCaffrey belongs in that room. There was a reason NU was the only school who said he could be a QB. You gave him his shot, as I'm sure you promised him you would, now get him in the RB or WR stat. He can be a great Husker, but not at QB.

3. Hire a new offensive line coach. It has become obvious the offenses largest issue is the line.  The poor snaps kill everything you're trying to do, and severely impact your QBs. Also, you have to bench kids for more than one series for them to actually learn anything.

4. Learn how to recognize when you're being stubborn, and when it's hindering growth on your team.  Refer back to numbers 2 and 3. 

5. Let your offensive coordinator coordinate.  Don't overpay your WR coach under the guise of being a coordinator.

6. Don't alienate your players by blaming them, the buck stops with you. Period. See #7.

7. Be the CEO.  You're not a coordinator anymore, act like it. Learn what goes on in all 3 phases. I never want to hear that you missed something on ST or defense because you were trying to call plays again. Even if it happens, it's on you, so own it and do better.

We are all still behind you, but even Nebraska fans have our limits. You've been doubted before in Lincoln, so let's see it. 2021. No more excuses. GBR.

Edited by runningblind
I'd like to thank my co-writer, tequila.
  • Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 3

1 hour ago, runningblind said:

We are all still behind you, but even Nebraska fans have our limits. You've been doubted before in Lincoln, so let's see it. 2021. No more excuses. GBR.

Translation: We're all still behind you, but a select few have unsheathed the daggers we intend to drive into your back. 

Attitudes like this are why we currently don't have a good team. And why Frost was so hesitant to come coach here.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Translation: We're all still behind you, but a select few have unsheathed the daggers we intend to drive into your back. 

Attitudes like this are why we currently don't have a good team. And why Frost was so hesitant to come coach here.

If Frost was hesitant to come here because he would get heat for going 10-19 (7-16) then there is a ton of D3 teams that would be happy to have him. 

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Yeah his record isn’t acceptable anywhere, bud, it’s not just a Nebraska thing. If anything, he’s been giving a pretty damn long leash and about 10% of the backlash any other coach would 

• Plus1 4

27 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

Yeah his record isn’t acceptable anywhere, bud, it’s not just a Nebraska thing. If anything, he’s been giving a pretty damn long leash and about 10% of the backlash any other coach would 

Well bud, we all knew what a huge rebuild project this was when Frost was hired. What's more he's had the worse string of luck any coach has had with cancelled games, pandemics etc. 

Additionally our team is completely devoid of senior leadership. Last year our line was bunk and our only real option at qb played the whole season injured. We all knew this would take time. Is the record worse than I expected? Yep. Should Frost's seat be hot at all, nope.

Do Nebraska fans need to quit offering coaches ultimatums yup. Solich says hi. Pelini was right, Fairweather. 

• Plus1 3
6 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

I must have missed it, when did we place an ultimatum on frost? Passions run deep and frustrations are coming out but i get the sense most sane fans aren’t anywhere close to actually giving him the boot.

Reading comprehension is a heck of a thing.

"but even Nebraska fans have our limits. You've been doubted before in Lincoln, so let's see it. 2021. No more excuses."

• Plus1 1

14 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Reading comprehension is a heck of a thing.

"but even Nebraska fans have our limits. You've been doubted before in Lincoln, so let's see it. 2021. No more excuses."

You casually left out the “we are still behind you” the poster said.

There is a world where support and high expectations can co exist. Just because we want to see more doesn’t mean we can’t fully support the guy

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Well bud, we all knew what a huge rebuild project this was when Frost was hired. What's more he's had the worse string of luck any coach has had with cancelled games, pandemics etc. 

Additionally our team is completely devoid of senior leadership. Last year our line was bunk and our only real option at qb played the whole season injured. We all knew this would take time. Is the record worse than I expected? Yep. Should Frost's seat be hot at all, nope.

Do Nebraska fans need to quit offering coaches ultimatums yup. Solich says hi. Pelini was right, Fairweather. 

I don't get it. We have high expectations. 

We can criticise Frost for mistakes which are warranted. Like leaving Jurgens at Center or running the ball on 3rd and 8 to settle for a field goal.

• Plus1 3