Dear Scott Frost

Frost has the players and offense that he needs. He needs to run it consistently and keep those players on the field. He also should incorporate McCaffrey into it as 'not the quarterback'. If certain linemen are always whiffing then he should move, fix, or remove them. I think the line is improved this year, but there are times when I think a lineman is mismatched against the guy coming at him. 
We had some good offense going in this game....why it turned into long spells of Martinez pretending to be a philosopher is a headscratcher.

17 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Well bud, we all knew what a huge rebuild project this was when Frost was hired. What's more he's had the worse string of luck any coach has had with cancelled games, pandemics etc. 

Additionally our team is completely devoid of senior leadership. Last year our line was bunk and our only real option at qb played the whole season injured. We all knew this would take time. Is the record worse than I expected? Yep. Should Frost's seat be hot at all, nope.

Do Nebraska fans need to quit offering coaches ultimatums yup. Solich says hi. Pelini was right, Fairweather. 

Quit using the word rebuild, it's overplayed, coaches across the nation walk into way worse situations.  With way worse players and change things in a hurry.  His coaching has been deplorable on game day.  Those are just facts. 

• Fire 1
6 minutes ago, KingBlank said:

Quit using the word rebuild, it's overplayed, coaches across the nation walk into way worse situations.  With way worse players and change things in a hurry.  His coaching has been deplorable on game day.  Those are just facts. 

Funny enough, I think you are both are correct. Frost walked onto a mess in a conference that is very tough to fix things in. Minny is showing the fluke they were.  His luck has been bad. The initial storm which would have been huge game....I have never seen so many games decided by 1-2 plays. AM getting hurt right from the word go really set him back. 

With that said, SF had not done well with hires and game day issues. I understand that good teams make their own breaks. 

I think I we are far more athletic now than 3 years ago. We look faster, stronger and more physical. Now take care of mental garbage and see what happens. 

• Plus1 2
50 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Alright! Now we have a real hindsight thread going where we can all sit around and predict the past.

I never would have fired Frank.  JLo at safety.  Would have gotten Carl Crawford.....Avoided the flu in 1996, had Suh not pressure McKoy and told Texass no thanks to join the Big 8.....And I would not have gotten mad at TO for losing like 8 bowl games in a year....Or got mad switching to a 4-3...  Man, I like this thread now!:D

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

I didn't read this thread so I apologize in advance if this has been said...

Scott needs to figure out who Scott is first.  He needs to figure out what is important to him and his program.  He has lost a lot of confidence in himself and others around him.  He needs to figure out a rock solid foundation on how he wants to program and go with it.  He has a lot work to do to get where we all want it to be.  It will take time once Scott gets it figured out.

On 11/28/2020 at 5:44 PM, lo country said:

I never would have fired Frank.  JLo at safety.  Would have gotten Carl Crawford.....Avoided the flu in 1996, had Suh not pressure McKoy and told Texass no thanks to join the Big 8.....And I would not have gotten mad at TO for losing like 8 bowl games in a year....Or got mad switching to a 4-3...  Man, I like this thread now!:D

I didn’t know whether to give this post a laugh or a trophy. It’s right on target though.

• Haha 1
  • 5 months later...

I did a search in the forums on "scott frost" and this topic came up.  It's old but I didn't want to begin a new topic. 

I notice many times that the Lincoln newspaper sports writers mention and seem to criticize the coach for talking up the players and the coming season.  Coach Frost, once in front of a microphone and cameras seems to remain positive, all the while delivering poor seasons as the games go by. 

That made me think of great coaches, past and present, and how they talk about their teams, the players and the performances in practice or in games etc.  Coach Saban is known to publicly be hard on this or that squad (the d, the o, who ever he sees not performing, even the quarterback now and then, or a receiver).  I used to watch Steve Spurrier cuss his team terribly during half time interviews and then come out and play  better second half.  And we all know about Woody Hayes. 

Made me wonder.  Made me wonder if Scott Frost can really see what's up.  Or is he just being a real good public relations guy for Husker football.  I'm asking.  I'm not making a statement that he should complain about the players.  It's more a question in my mind of whether or not he's just wanting to be seen a certain way.  Some of those other coaches may not have cared much about how they were seen as long as they got their wins, and maybe the negative remarks got around to motivating players?

11 minutes ago, hagg said:

I did a search in the forums on "scott frost" and this topic came up.  It's old but I didn't want to begin a new topic. 

I notice many times that the Lincoln newspaper sports writers mention and seem to criticize the coach for talking up the players and the coming season.  Coach Frost, once in front of a microphone and cameras seems to remain positive, all the while delivering poor seasons as the games go by. 

That made me think of great coaches, past and present, and how they talk about their teams, the players and the performances in practice or in games etc.  Coach Saban is known to publicly be hard on this or that squad (the d, the o, who ever he sees not performing, even the quarterback now and then, or a receiver).  I used to watch Steve Spurrier cuss his team terribly during half time interviews and then come out and play  better second half.  And we all know about Woody Hayes. 

Made me wonder.  Made me wonder if Scott Frost can really see what's up.  Or is he just being a real good public relations guy for Husker football.  I'm asking.  I'm not making a statement that he should complain about the players.  It's more a question in my mind of whether or not he's just wanting to be seen a certain way.  Some of those other coaches may not have cared much about how they were seen as long as they got their wins, and maybe the negative remarks got around to motivating players?

You haven't watched much of Saban then. Hell, he was praising his new QB just last month. 

1 hour ago, hagg said:

Fans always want the coach to be brutally honest in press conferences so the fans know every little detail. 

Reality is, coaches are talking to the team just as much. Only the coaches know what needs to be said to the team.  Sometimes, a coach will motivate a player or unit by criticizing them. Sometimes those players need a boost in confidence with saying something positive. 

Comparing Frost to Sabin is difficult.  Their teams are in totally different stages of development.

• Plus1 1

6 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Comparing Frost to Sabin is difficult.  Their teams are in totally different stages of development.

I'd say, yes, the Huskers and the Crimson Tide are indeed in different stages of development.  :D

Different "stages" of recruitment, as well.  :steam

If you have a dominant team, you need to challenge them...the coaches you mentioned had teams that are/were the cream of the crop.  It helps make sure complacency doesn't set in.

Frost doesn't have that type of team...and he knows it.  He is dealing with fragile egos due to getting boat-raced for his entire tenure here at Nebraska.  He's gotta love them up as much as he can.  Keep the good vibes going.  

If we go 10-2 or 11-1 then you might see him start challenging manhood in pressers.  I don't think we'll have to worry about that, though.

• Plus1 2

Heres my take:

Dear Coach, 

I supported you as a player and as a coach. Still in your corner, love your aggressive attitude, your passion for the game and your players. 

You know more about the game than I will ever know, but from a 40 year season ticket holder- outsider looking in I see a team that finally has some depth and reasonable talent. The first thing we have to do is stop beating ourselves. Can we quit being cute with the double passes in the Spring Game- and ALL backward swing passes?  Why not just be great at the ordinary? Blocking, tackling and protecting the football? Little League football stuff that the winning College teams do really well. Inside Zone, outside zone, power, wham, zone read and the play action off of those. LOVE the QB draws, but maybe get great at the slides.  Instead of 2-3 reads how about some simple slant/arrow or Hitch/corner concepts with the underneath routes that have been open when the Oline has given AM time. 

Can we start our practices with Special Teams with YOU in charge to show how serious you are about not losing games and being in the cellar of special teams play? Be a great CEO and Special Teams coach, let your coordinators call the rest of the snaps. 

We cant throw YOLOs with the receivers we have now with the exception of maybe Manning- so lets get used to either throwing it away or having our QBs take off if there is a lot of green out there. 

Please focus on making us extraordinary at the ordinary rather than being something we dont have the ability to be right now.