Dear Scott Frost

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

This is true.  It is also true that it magically cleared up in the second half.

Why couldn’t it also be true he got talked to at halftime and was told to clean that shot up or he will get pulled permanently for Farniok? 

It doesn’t have to be magic that caused him to get his head on right. 

4 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

"Since Scott Frost's arrival at Nebraska... Only 6 P5 schools have fewer wins than Neb: UCLA, Oregon St, Vanderbilt, Arkansas, Kansas, Rutgers"

When your peers are Oregon St, Vandy, Kansas and Rutgers - there is gonna be some grumbling. I agree with your expectations. I think people would be pretty damn happy if we went 7-6 and won the pinstripe bowl last year and were 3-2 this year. Those aren't massive expectations. 

Wow. Talking about throwing some bath water on our "turning the corner" mantra.  Damn.  We suck right now. But to see the company we are keeping right now.....And if we played those teams now, what would our record be.....

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

I just don't think it has sunk in yet to Scott it's 2020, not 1997.  You're players weren't born yet when Nebraska was relevant. Stop trying to inflict the team with "this is how we do it at Nebraska". Be your own man and have fun out there. No one looks like they are having fun out there. The lineman can't get the snap count right for some reason or they can't do what they are being coached to do....Block somebody.  I'm a Frost supporter but my gosh, things should be better in year 3, not because the fans say so it's because it's now your players, your team and they don't look very inspired. I haven't heard any players say they would go to battle with frost. 

1 hour ago, Hayseed said:

The only thing I can think of is Martinez was given the starting spot, then Gebbia pouted and left.....but most likely not until he talked to Mr. Rogers, the .500Whisperer.

Hey, did you see where Gebbia had an excellent game running and passing, leading Oregon State to a victory over  #15 Oregon yesterday?

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

I was just doing some thinking while watching some football this afternoon.  For as much complaining that fans, Frost, and Moos have done about the schedule this year, the fact is that NU is now 0-3 against West division opponents this year. I know it’s said every year, but NU won’t do anything until it starts winning divisional games. It’s especially frustrating when NU should have the talent advantage against most West division opponents. 

18 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I was just doing some thinking while watching some football this afternoon.  For as much complaining that fans, Frost, and Moos have done about the schedule this year, the fact is that NU is now 0-3 against West division opponents this year. I know it’s said every year, but NU won’t do anything until it starts winning divisional games. It’s especially frustrating when NU should have the talent advantage against most West division opponents. 

I looked it up yesterday. Frost is 1-9 against Brohm, Fitz, Kirk and Chryst. Those guys are gonna be around for awhile. 

30 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Hey, did you see where Gebbia had an excellent game running and passing, leading Oregon State to a victory over  #15 Oregon yesterday?

Yeah, I'm the one who posted it in another thread. Too bad he didn't stick around to start for us that season. Oregon State is now .500. But don't worry, Mr. Rogers isn't coaching there, they have a chance.

34 minutes ago, lo country said:

I am unsure Frost actually had a "competition" for the spot.  Frost was all in on AM.....

That's true, but Gebbia would've become the starter when Martinez was hurt. Is he better off at Oregon State? That's debatable. All this hindsight is pure speculation.
If we want to talk hindsight, let's talk about hiring Orgeron with Joe Burrow.

5 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Yeah, I'm the one who posted it in another thread. Too bad he didn't stick around to start for us that season.

He did have a nice game. You are right, he would have started that season. Now, nope. In fact, I would say that AM would do very well in the pac 12. I truly believe the sec and big 10 are toughest to rebuild in and to develop in. Gebbia would be more of a true passer, but with our inability at wr, he would be sitting duck 

• Fire 1
3 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

That's true, but Gebbia would've become the starter when Martinez was hurt. Is he better off at Oregon State? That's debatable. All this hindsight is pure speculation.
If we want to talk hindsight, let's talk about hiring Orgeron with Joe Burrow.

I would have loved to have gotten Coach O here.  Riley was hired to spite the fan base and be the anti-Bo...