Frost has to fire friends.. ( not Chins )....

O Line --- Greg -- Is Killing drives.. EVERY GAME!!!

QB Coach - Mario --  Where do I start...  QB' are regressing... leaving the program...  Gebbia  looks lke $$$$ ..  Vedral is a legacy and leaves..  

Chinander is keeping us in games despite what many think... we should have won by 21 yesterday.. if we don't spill our beer all over then look like babies by blaming the Iowa sideline... come on Frost?!?!? lets win some games!! You may have to Fire some friends !!! ( not Chins )

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, Ziebol said:

Austin needs to go. His recruiting is great, but his development is non existent. I still believe Chins needs to be gone as well as the 3-4. It’s not working. 

Eh, that's another easy complaint that I'm not sure can really be known at this point or is really supported by anything.

We are starting a sophomore who switched positions and two redshirt freshmen.  There are six scholarship guys older than those guys who are not playing.  So you could make an argument that he has done a really good job developing those guys to have them be better than the scholarship guys who've had more coaching and conditioning.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I'll pose the same question I did last week when the "fire the coordinators" discussion surfaced.

What has Frost accomplished to warrant job security while having to fire two or more assistant coaches?

We cant keep firing head coaches after 3-4 seasons. Frost needs his 7 Moos offered him, but we can dream as fans about better assistant coaches. 

• Plus1 2

Unit execution from “best to worst”:

1.  Defense

2.  Offense

3.  Special Teams

The first firing should be Frost firing himself as OC and enforcing better quality control (consequences for lack of individual self discipline) across the units starting with Special Teams.

The next firing is whomever is picking the Top-5 on the OL.  I’m not confident that’s actually Austin and have a feeling that keeping Jurgens in the Center role has been Frost’s pet project.

I would add that I think there is a significant disconnect between the S&C plan for guys like Farniok and the lateral plays that Frost likes to call.  It feels like every guy on the OL should be given a skipping rope for two weeks with no access to weights with a focus on dropping 10 pounds each and getting quicker feet.  If the OC were to consider going I-formation and power football then target 5 pounds and quicker feet.  But regardless it feels like our S&C is in a silo independent of the preferred scheme and that just can’t happen at this level of football.

Like the Austin, I’m hesitant to fire Verduzzi as I think it’s damn near impossible to coach QB’s when the OC is running such predictable plays allowing opposing defenses to recognize and jump all the short passing routes. 

My last comment is from a program CEO role, Frost absolutely HAS to get the younger players some snaps.  If not, we’re going to lose the rest of the young talent we so desperately need to develop, and we’ll deserve to.

• Plus1 3
6 minutes ago, Canadian Fan said:

Unit execution from “best to worst”:

1.  Defense

2.  Offense

3.  Special Teams

The first firing should be Frost firing himself as OC and enforcing better quality control (consequences for lack of individual self discipline) across the units starting with Special Teams.

The next firing is whomever is picking the Top-5 on the OL.  I’m not confident that’s actually Austin and have a feeling that keeping Jurgens in the Center role has been Frost’s pet project.

I would add that I think there is a significant disconnect between the S&C plan for guys like Farniok and the lateral plays that Frost likes to call.  It feels like every guy on the OL should be given a skipping rope for two weeks with no access to weights with a focus on dropping 10 pounds each and getting quicker feet.  If the OC were to consider going I-formation and power football then target 5 pounds and quicker feet.  But regardless it feels like our S&C is in a silo independent of the preferred scheme and that just can’t happen at this level of football.

Like the Austin, I’m hesitant to fire Verduzzi as I think it’s damn near impossible to coach QB’s when the OC is running such predictable plays allowing opposing defenses to recognize and jump all the short passing routes. 

My last comment is from a program CEO role, Frost absolutely HAS to get the younger players some snaps.  If not, we’re going to lose the rest of the young talent we so desperately need to develop, and we’ll deserve to.

It would be very interesting to hear the names of the young talent you think should be playing some snaps that aren't......

4 minutes ago, TheSker said:

It would be very interesting to hear the names of the young talent you think should be playing some snaps that aren't......

That’s a cop out.  You watch almost any other college team and true and redshirt freshmen get rotated in regularly.  If Frost can’t find those guys then that means he still needs to look in the mirror as his staff is failing in recruiting and/or development.

5 minutes ago, Canadian Fan said:

That’s a cop out.  You watch almost any other college team and true and redshirt freshmen get rotated in regularly.  If Frost can’t find those guys then that means he still needs to look in the mirror as his staff is failing in recruiting and/or development.

We rotate them in MORE than regularly....

In fact we start a few.

Can you answer the question now, or do you need to look up who our freshmen and redshirt freshmen are?

• Plus1 2
12 minutes ago, Canadian Fan said:

Are you seriously trying to CB lain Frost day best play freshmen and redshirt freshmen??  

seriously???    With a straight face?

As for the execution of Frost’s defensive staff, I’m in favor of it. The argument that the team has to be ahead for Chin’s D to work is ignorant. I agree with Rob Zatechka that Chin doesn’t understand the intricacies of running the 3-4. I was hoping NU was getting an attacking 3-4. Instead they got a defense that can’t stop the run or the pass. ZERO pressure. If there was one game to attack, it was Iowa. You can give Chin more time but don’t expect a different result. He isn’t Dom Capers. Florida was right saying Frost couldn’t bring him. They should try some dual coordinators to spice things up. What would it hurt?

1 minute ago, KCBuc said:

Instead they got a defense that can’t stop the run or the pass. 

I mean ... we held Iowa 43 yards under their season rushing average and 1.7 yards per carry under their average. 

How much more below those numbers would we have to have been to qualify as stopping the run in your definition?

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 2

They should be below the numbers. It’s IOWA!!! Ferentz IOWA.  If NU would have attacked instead of sitting in their useless zone on 3rd and long, we might have won. Below the numbers? Let’s start with  Iowa had 10 more minutes of possession. This is the telling number...other than the scoreboard. History tells us
285 rushing verse Illinois 

245/256 Penn State

224 rushing OSU

225 rushing Iowa 2019

320 rushing Wisconsin 2019

300 passing Purdue 

355 passing Indiana

322 rushing Minnesota

368 rushing OSU

I’d like the numbers to go down. I’d like the Points Against to go down. Take away what their good at. Bring some pressure. Wrap up on tackling. Play your assignment.. Since some believe he will amazingly turn it around, why can’t we have a co-coordinator? Are you happy with the product? Do you think the way he runs the scheme is going to get NU over the hump? I don’t. I have said it since day one. I hear give it more time but the proof is in the pudding. At some point Frost will have to say goodbye or he goes out tied to him. I will expect more of the same until something changes. I want him to succeed. I want his defense to dominate. NOTHING tells me he will turn it around. 

• Plus1 3