Colorado...

tmfr15

Colorado and Nebraska's struggles dating back to Frank are pretty closely tied. That 2001 game was the first time I had ever seen my Husker team on the wrong end of a bad beating. Miami repeated that in the Rose Bowl, but that might have been one of the best teams ever. So it was the Colorado loss that stung.

We've had our moments since, the kick and the pick being a big one. 

Then Frost took over. Colorado edged us in 2018. They rallied past us in 2019.

That's not what gets me mad. Close games. We're breaking in new coaches and trying to restock the roster.

But Scott needs more time...the rebuild is big... Blah blah blah

Colorado doesn't have our tradition, or support. Or facilities. They pay their HC poorly and his assistants don't make much and don't have job security. Their school just doesn't love football. Fair weather fans.

And their recruiting is bad. 

They've had three coaches in three years. How is it that they're 2-0 against Scott and 3-0 this year?

They beat San Diego State today. Big deal. But they beat Stanford, which beat Cal this week.

I don't know what to make of this. It just bothers me

Anyone else feel the same way?

• Plus1 3

I pretty much agree with the OP but have one clarification. CU's recruiting is not markedly worse than ours. At least it wasn't at the time HCSF dropped two to them. I think they do better recruiting than their record usually indicates. Location, mountains, snow/skiing, laid back atmosphere, etc. They always seems to have as good or better skill position players than NU has been getting.

• Plus1 3

I’m going to sound bitter in this post so I will acknowledge quickly that there’s probably nothing more impressive right now than Colorado being 3-0 given the weird circumstances around their new coaching staff. To not even get a true spring camp to figure things out? Wow. Also have to credit ILB Nate Landman, that guy is a throwback to a different era of LBs and I love watching him play.

With that said, fluky is the only word I can come up with to describe them being 2-0 against Frost for one reason: Steven Montez. If your only experience with Montez is watching him torch our Huskers, then you’re probably wondering why he wasn’t a 2nd round pick, or honestly even a 1st round pick (I don’t feel that’s an exaggeration, he was that damn impressive against us). But he finished last or close to it in the Pac12 in QBR the last two years because he was pretty mediocre to terrible in every game besides ours. I browsed their boards and it sounds like he was a frat bro who partied the night before games. He often struggled to make the simple plays, air-mailing or skipping easy 5 yard passes, and he had a bad time deciphering opposing defenses. But he made sure to show up against us two different times.