What if...

funhusker

Nebraska were to pull out wins against Purdue and Minnesota.  Then get a crossover against another "beatable" team like Rutgers or Maryland and finish regular season at 4-4.

Hold on, there's more!!!

Nebraska then gets invited to a mid-tier bowl against a "beatable" MAC team.

What if Nebraska ends up 5-4 this season?  What would be everyone's thoughts going into Spring Ball?

"And the beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad
So I had one more for dessert" - Lyrics by Kris Kristofferson, sung by Johnny Cash

• Thanks 2

I'd be more encouraged than I am now.  Especially if the o line plays well.

There won't be any bowl game for Nebraska to go to though,  they have already begun to be canceled.  I also have a sneaking suspicion that the MN gets canceled too. The Purdue game plus maybe that end weekend is probably all we get.  My money would be on just Purdue if we keep having teams with outbreaks.

12 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Nebraska were to pull out wins against Purdue and Minnesota.  Then get a crossover against another "beatable" team like Rutgers or Maryland and finish regular season at 4-4.

Hold on, there's more!!!

What if Nebraska ends up 5-4 this season?  What would be everyone's thoughts going into Spring Ball?

So I had one more for dessert" - Johnny Cash

That was Kris kristofferson not Johnny Cash 

• Plus1 1

I watched the highlights of the Purdue/Minnesota game and it looks like they're both running a similar flag football offense to what we run. If we run the quadruple fleaflicker option on almost every play and keep them confused about where the pea is gonna end up, like that Three Card Monte guy down at the bus stop, there IS a chance that we run the table and end up with that amazing record.
I just hope it gets us into the Boise Smurf Bowl....I've always wanted to play in that game.

Edit: If we make the Smurf Bowl, I will be there!

• Haha 2
36 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Hold on, there's more!!!

So I had one more for dessert" - Lyrics by Kris Kristofferson, sung by Johnny Cash

You used "beatable" twice.

The most "beatable" team in your discussion is Nebraska

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, funhusker said:

Hold on, there's more!!!

By your logic, we need to play bad teams in order to finish with a winning record.  That gives me no comfort at all.  Now, if we were to beat decent teams, playing at full strength (us and them) that is another discussion.  I have seen little this season that gives me hope.

15 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

By your logic, we need to play bad teams in order to finish with a winning record.  That gives me no comfort at all.  Now, if we were to beat decent teams, playing at full strength (us and them) that is another discussion.  I have seen little this season that gives me hope.

It sounds like you don't think 50% designed quarterback scrambles is gonna cut it against Ohio State? 

4-4 or 5-4 is a whole lot better than another losing season.....It's "progress" regardless of how factual or not.  We need the extra bowl practices.  No bowling this season, guys will have missed almost 60 additional practices (counting the missed bowl Riley's last year)....We NEED all the practices we can get.  As another poster mentioned, our massive traveling fan base probably won't factor in bowl decisions this year with Covid....

3 minutes ago, lo country said:

4-4 or 5-4 is a whole lot better than another losing season.....It's "progress" regardless of how factual or not.  We need the extra bowl practices.  No bowling this season, guys will have missed almost 60 additional practices (counting the missed bowl Riley's last year)....We NEED all the practices we can get.  As another poster mentioned, our massive traveling fan base probably won't factor in bowl decisions this year with Covid....

TV eyeballs will, though.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

What if... we had beat NW, Illinios and Iowa like we should have.  We have the talent, but we seem to be dysfunctional on Saturdays.  I am guessing we are dysfunctional during the week as well.  HCSF needs to spend more time addressing the issues that haunt this team than the officials and the clapping.  HCSF is starting to embarrass himself and the FB program.