What if...

funhusker

2 hours ago, Crusader Husker said:

What if... we had beat NW, Illinios and Iowa like we should have.  We have the talent, but we seem to be dysfunctional on Saturdays.  I am guessing we are dysfunctional during the week as well.  HCSF needs to spend more time addressing the issues that haunt this team than the officials and the clapping.  HCSF is starting to embarrass himself and the FB program.  

Who said we should beat these teams? 

1 hour ago, krc1995 said:

Who said we should beat these teams? 

15 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Iowa and NW maybe...but we laid a stinker out there against Illinois 

We should always beat teams like Illinois, Northwestern and Iowa. Always. They are not great teams, this year or any year. The fact we have struggled with teams like that says way more about where we're at than it does them. There is a reason Nebraska is looking to finish at or near the bottom of the B1G West and it's not the competition.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

We should always beat teams like Illinois, Northwestern and Iowa. Always. They are not great teams, this year or any year. The fact we have struggled with teams like that says way more about where we're at than it does them. There is a reason Nebraska is looking to finish at or near the bottom of the B1G West and it's not the competition.

Yes, my point is we have the talent to beat these teams now.  It is our fault NW, Iowa and Minnesota are relevant.  We have the talent NOW, to beat these teams.  The dysfunction of this team leads me to believe we will go 0-2 and have to play PSU again.  I hope they prove me wrong.  I guess for me the "what if" is what if we actually played well.

19 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I get that, but that better talent still have to show up and actually play.

Thats the part we haven't figured out.

2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

And that is why everyone is so angry- because we expected to win for no reason other than we are delusional

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, krc1995 said:

And that is why everyone is so angry- because we expected to win for no reason other than we are delusional

It absolutely is NOT delusional to say those are mediocre teams we should beat. The delusional part only creeps in if people expected to win those games in our current state of disarray as a program. Also I don't think it's delusional to expect our team to not be so inept and ineffective. So we might need to be a little more careful with exactly what we call delusional.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

Guys needs to get over this better talent garbage.  We don't have better talent.  If we did, we'd win.  We'd put guys in the NFL.  Your only argument is recruiting services rankings while forgetting four stars keep quitting. Does that RB room look stock with talent?  How about the WR room?  We have a center who can't even snap the ball.  Our team is devoid of talent and lacking in coaching and that's why our boys are the bottom dweller in what many consider the weakest division in the Power 5.  Welcome to reality.

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, southernoregonhusker said:

Guys needs to get over this better talent garbage.  We don't have better talent.  If we did, we'd win.  We'd put guys in the NFL....what many consider the weakest division in the Power 5.  Welcome to reality.

We currently have the best group of underclassmen in the west... Some of them are already receiving NFL talk.  We have almost no uperclassmen considered to be "better talent".  Who, outside of critical Husker Fans, thinks the big 10 west is the weakest division in power 5?  Sure as hell not the coaches who vote on rankings.  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
11 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

It absolutely is NOT delusional to say those are mediocre teams we should beat. The delusional part only creeps in if people expected to win those games in our current state of disarray as a program. Also I don't think it's delusional to expect our team to not be so inept and ineffective. So we might need to be a little more careful with exactly what we call delusional.

Northwestern and Iowa are not mediocre teams.  They always play the game they want to play and most times it works out because they know their identity and don't beat themselves.  No one is saying it's delusional to expect to beat mediocre teams, but our team is below average and one cannot expect a team with no identity and a problem with aiming at their feet to come in and win any game, despite how mediocre that team might appear. 

It's a sad state of affairs and trust me, I level with your frustration.  These games are so predictable and boring that it's hard to justify the time and money to keep supporting this program.  Unfortunately, like you, I still cling to the past and hope for a day where this program returns to glory.  I'm doubtful it will anytime soon and I think middle of the pack mediocrity is now our future.