Purdue Week Pressers

Mavric

1 hour ago, Husker in WI said:

Got it - so Frost's example was probably calling out players who had to focus more on finals than Illinois prep. I like what he's selling, but man I would not make it on the team even with athletic ability. I didn't even think about finals until a week or two before. 

Well, technically, Illinois was the weekend before finals week.  So, they still could have been (should have been) studying a lot.  Actual finals would have taken away from Iowa week.

3 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

Got it - so Frost's example was probably calling out players who had to focus more on finals than Illinois prep. I like what he's selling, but man I would not make it on the team even with athletic ability. I didn't even think about finals until a week or two before. 

I thought he was just expanding on the greater point of instilling the right culture. You want guys to do the right things in life and school, so it will translate to the practice field and games. Be disciplined in all aspects.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well, technically, Illinois was the weekend before finals week.  So, they still could have been (should have been) studying a lot.  Actual finals would have taken away from Iowa week.

7 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I thought he was just expanding on the greater point of instilling the right culture. You want guys to do the right things in life and school, so it will translate to the practice field and games. Be disciplined in all aspects.

Probably true, just seemed like an oddly specific example and I think came up in an answer about Illinois. But very easily could've been about some guys last week, or just a general example. 

You 'member the Civil Conflict trophy Diaco came up with? I 'member.

Screen_Shot_2017_11_06_at_10.44.08_AM.pn

Frost, via AAC conference call: "Is that an honest question? No, we have no idea. In fact, we've wondered where it is. We told them before the game last year we weren't going to take the trophy if we won. It found its way to the sideline for some reason. The pictures on social media of it on the sideline were the last I'd seen of it."

Diaco, via the Omaha World-Herald: "I've eliminated it from my mind. I put the experience in a chest, locked it, dumped it into the ocean, and I threw away the key. That's the important thing. I've thrown the key away. I don't even know 'it" or what you're talking about because I've eliminated that whole painful part from my mind."

• Haha 2

Bob Diaco said:
"I've eliminated it from my mind. I put the experience in a chest, locked it, dumped it into the ocean, and I threw away the key. That's the important thing. I've thrown the key away. I don't even know 'it" or what you're talking about because I've eliminated that whole painful part from my mind."

Man...this guy's mind is like a trapdoor into a cauldron of absurdities, LOL.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 4