Purdue Week Pressers

Mavric

57 minutes ago, Toe said:

@Farms Not young across the board, but at WR and RB, we are EXTREMELY young. We've been gutted by attrition at those two positions, and IMO it's the biggest thing weighing us down, by far. I wrote this up in some detail a couple weeks ago, so here's the post:

Too add to this I think it would also do a lot of people on here some good to go look at Rutgers top 3 WRs.

• Plus1 2

I know this is Purdue week, but Chinander struggled to even put into words the Illinois performance just now. Also another mention of things outside of football affecting guys - when were finals, were they pre-Thanksgiving? Frost calling out not waiting until the last minute to study for finals was weird to me, would that have been Illinois week? 

In any case that's not an excuse, that kind of game just can't happen. But I'm getting more curious about it, we've come a long way from Frost saying it surprised him immediately postgame to a lot of cryptic comments about the week leading up to it. 

10 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

I know this is Purdue week, but Chinander struggled to even put into words the Illinois performance just now. Also another mention of things outside of football affecting guys - when were finals, were they pre-Thanksgiving? Frost calling out not waiting until the last minute to study for finals was weird to me, would that have been Illinois week? 

In any case that's not an excuse, that kind of game just can't happen. But I'm getting more curious about it, we've come a long way from Frost saying it surprised him immediately postgame to a lot of cryptic comments about the week leading up to it. 

Finals were done before Thanksgiving.  Second semester doesn't start until late January.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Mavric said:

Finals were done before Thanksgiving.  Second semester doesn't start until late January.

Got it - so Frost's example was probably calling out players who had to focus more on finals than Illinois prep. I like what he's selling, but man I would not make it on the team even with athletic ability. I didn't even think about finals until a week or two before. 

1 minute ago, BlitzFirst said:

Yeah for sure...4 star wide receivers not ever getting playing time, then leaving surely doesn't affect an area where we have no depth.

Cool Story Lubick

You would think with a head coach that used to be an wide receivers coach and an OC that was a wide receivers coach the position would be better.

• Plus1 1