Did you tip for takeout pre-covid? Do you now?

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

Yeah, I hate that. Like I'm looking for a charity to donate to while I'm going through the Panda Express drive thru. :facepalm:  I snap back with a no so quickly they probably think I'm an a$$ :lol:

I really hate it when my total is like 9.01...round up?  No thanks...that .99 cents is a shooter of booze!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, GSG said:

One of my college friends used to think he was this super rad dude and would put a stack of 1's on the table at a restaurant and tell the server it was all theirs, but every time there was a mistake or he had to wait too long he'd take a dollar away. Funny enough, he never gave out more than 20% of the bill :lol:

If I were a waiter serving your friend, I would be motivated to tell him to go f#&% himself.  Being a waiter doesn't mean you have to suck up to every jack a$$ in the room.  

I on the other hand have been in a restaurant when a good waitress was working our table and the tables around us.  The table next to us had a total jacka$$ that made a big scene about something that wasn't even her fault, got up and stormed out without a tip.  I actually double tipped her that night and left a note telling her she was doing a great job.

Bad service is frustrating.  But, it really pisses me off when I see a customer being an idiot to the staff.

My wife used to work in the office at an exclusive country club in Des Moines.  The office actually had a list of members that were so bad that the wait staff got a tip from the club if they had to serve them.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
4 hours ago, knapplc said:

You should not contribute to those for multiple reasons. They use your donation as a tax write-off. They take an administrative fee out of your donation for their "handling" of the cash. The charity receives only a percentage of your donation. 

If you want to donate to charity, donate directly to that charity. And get a receipt. 

Always. I never pass up a good tax write off.:thumbs

I tip the pizza delivery guy $5 even though its probably too much, but they are always prompt and friendly.  I usually max at $5-$10 for curbside depending on the size of the order.  I figure it helps good restaurants keep good staff.  I worry about my favorite places closing their doors during these times.  But no way in hell am I going off a percentage.  That's for good dine-in service only.  When the whole gang wants PF Changs and the bill is $100,  $15-$20 just to carry it out to the damn truck?  Heck no.

• Plus1 2