The Georgia runoff for the control of the Senate

Best I can tell, Perdue and Loeffler are running slightly behind Trump in margin. We’re up to 107 counties that have reported 95 percent or more of their expected vote, and if you total up the votes in those places, Trump won them by 25.7 points in November. But Perdue is only up 25.3 points in those places and Loeffler is up 24.8 points. Plenty of votes left to count, but that’s not what the GOP wants, especially as many of these are Republican-leaning places.

12 minutes ago, mrandyk said:

I'm seeing some calling both races for the democrats. 

Can anyone say senate minority leader Turtle?!

I was mostly joking with my brother to watch this get split Perdue/Warnock just as one last weird shot for 2020 to give us. There are roughly 15k people that must have voted like that so far looking at the current numbers.

No way Loeffler survives the large vote dump expected soon here. Perdue has over 100k cushion right now with ~171k expected to report from a deep blue area yet tonight.

1 minute ago, Omaha-Husker said:

I was mostly joking with my brother to watch this get split Perdue/Warnock just as one last weird shot for 2020 to give us. There are roughly 15k people that must have voted like that so far looking at the current numbers.

No way Loeffler survives the large vote dump expected soon here. Perdue has over 100k cushion right now with ~171k expected to report from a deep blue area yet tonight.

100k is only 58% of that. I think Ossoff will have enough too.

8 minutes ago, Omaha-Husker said:

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Ossoff would need about 80% of the remaining DeKalb County votes to make up the gap of 100,000 votes. 

Ossoff currently has 81.4% of the DeKalb vote, and according to the GA SOS there is still a large # of the early vote to count there. There's supposed to be another update from DeKalb at 10pm.

Just now, Moiraine said:

Ossoff currently has 81.4% of the DeKalb vote, and according to the GA SOS there is still a large # of the early vote to count there.

Agree that he’s trending in the right direction, and it’s very possible/probable he would make up the margin. However, you said he would just need 58% of the 171k outstanding votes in DeKalb County. To make up the 100k deficit, he would need 80%, which would lead to roughly 137k votes for Ossaff, and 34k votes for Perdue. That would flip the current 100k margin for Perdue. 

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Agree that he’s trending in the right direction, and it’s very possible/probable he would make up the margin. However, you said he would just need 58% of the 171k outstanding votes in DeKalb County. To make up the 100k deficit, he would need 80%, which would lead to roughly 137k votes for Ossaff, and 34k votes for Perdue. That would flip the current 100k margin for Perdue. 

Oh, right. :)

It went over my head because I didn't think we were talking about just DeKalb when I was first replying. But ya I guess I can't do math after 9pm.

• Plus1 1
42 minutes ago, mrandyk said:

I'm seeing some calling both races for the democrats. 

Can anyone say senate minority leader Turtle?!

I don’t mind that outcome.  One party rule is always a disaster for that party and usually the country and leads to a quick change of power.  Hang loose for 2 years and 2022 will probably be a bloodbath for Democrats if they push through what they are wanting to push through. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

I don’t mind that outcome.  One party rule is always a disaster for that party and usually the country and leads to a quick change of power.  Hang loose for 2 years and 2022 will probably be a bloodbath for Democrats if they push through what they are wanting to push through. 

Because it'll be funny, tell us what you think America hates about what "democrats want to push through."

I'll hang up and listen.

5 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Because it'll be funny, tell us what you think America hates about what "democrats want to push through."

I'll hang up and listen.

If you just think it will be funny and it’s for your amusement, there is no point in wasting each other’s time. 

If it was for a rational discussion I would have been glad to

• Plus1 1