The Georgia runoff for the control of the Senate

7 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I don’t mind that outcome.  One party rule is always a disaster for that party and usually the country and leads to a quick change of power.  Hang loose for 2 years and 2022 will probably be a bloodbath for Democrats if they push through what they are wanting to push through. 

Trump looking like he will push D's to a trifecta. Seems like a reflection of what America thinks of him. Republicans gonna double down on him? There are consequences to caving to the radicals in your party. 

• Plus1 4
37 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I don’t mind that outcome.  One party rule is always a disaster for that party and usually the country and leads to a quick change of power.  Hang loose for 2 years and 2022 will probably be a bloodbath for Democrats if they push through what they are wanting to push through. 

I'm glad you can find a way to console yourself?

27 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I shouldn’t be surprised, but the parallels to the Presidential election in November are amazing. Of course the Trumpers will cry foul. 

The steal is in! Look at how they keep finding votes! The president asked them to find votes the other day, but somehow out of these millions of votes found none are the ones he asked for!

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Take a long walk off a short pier McConnell

I have a bit of a problem with the pink text here. It's clear Dave isn't trying to lie here. He's calling the races. He isn't trying to trick anyone. If 5 hours from now one of the Republicans pull ahead and it looks final, he will say he was wrong. We don't need a warning here, which is another way of saying "both sides."

Ossoff down by 0.2% but in DeKalb he'll likely get at least a net gain of 8,000 from remaining votes. He should also get another net gain of 5,000 in Fulton. If he can win by more than 0.5% they won't need to do a recount.

Cool graphic. #s aren't on it but you can see there are many times more votes left to count in blue majority areas than in red majority areas.

Screen-Shot-2021-01-05-at-11.42.17-PM.pn

3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

There's a lot I hope they will push through, but for the time being I hope the Democrats simply reverse the awful s#!t the guy you voted for pushed through. 

• Plus1 1
47 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

There's a lot I hope they will push through, but for the time being I hope the Democrats simply reverse the awful s#!t the guy you voted for pushed through. 

TBH they have so much s#!t to do to fix things we used to take for granted, the actual wish list of good things is like #3 in priority. Shore up checks and balances, make it easier to vote, pass laws on polling locations per capita, undo Trump's BS to get to at least the status quo (luckily a lot of that can be reversed by executive order), then comes the actual real policy stuff. It's sad but that other stuff needs to be done. That's not to say I think it can or will be done but that's what the priority should be.

• Plus1 2