Board is all sorts of broken at the moment...

Cdog923

On 6/9/2021 at 2:38 PM, Enhance said:

@Mavric @BigRedMax

Wanted to resurface this...

Do we have any kind of contact or support team that could investigate this problem for us on mobile iOS? It hasn't stopped since myself and others posted about it. Trying to visit Huskerboard on iOS device is nearly unbearable. The page constantly refreshes and then within a couple of minutes I usually get some variation of the above "A problem repeatedly occurred..." as the site crashes.

It has persisted over multiple iOS updates and even a phone upgrade. The above screenshot was on my older iPhone X.

@BigRedMax  This issue is making the board literally unusable on my phone at times.

@Lorewarn Not really. All that Apple allows is reskins of Safari. If you download, say, 'Firefox' for iPhone, about all you're really getting is just the Firefox menus & UI system. Under the hood, the browser engine that draws the pages is Safari's, not the actual Firefox engine (Gecko), because Apple doesn't allow it. Consequently, if a page is broken in Safari, it'll typically be broken in all browsers on iOS.

More feedback from ad ops. If you are still having issues reply to this thread. 

IOS/Safari tend to be the ones we hear from the most with pop-ups or malvertising. Chrome is not immune either. However, I just enabled some extra ad quality scanning for mobile devices and it should put a stop to any of these redirect or popup ads preventing users from using the site. 

I activated this on huskermax & huskerboard at the moment. Let me know if you get any complaints after the top of the hour here. 12/Noon Eastern, 11am CST.