Board is all sorts of broken at the moment...

Cdog923

@BigRedMax

The redirects/site crashing appear to have stopped for me on mobile, but will continue to test. (The malware popup was never an issue for me).

That said, I'm still getting this log in error each time I log in on iOS mobile. It doesn't really impact my site experience other than just telling me I have some sort of problem. I'm able to click the masthead and peruse the site at will. 

I typically browse in incognito mode and I use Keychain Access + Face ID to log myself in. Perhaps that's playing a role.

login error.PNG

• 3 weeks later...

@BigRedMax just an FYI, the crashing issues have popped back up again on iOS in the last week or so. I'm unable to browse on mobile for any longer than a few minutes before experiencing crashes shown in the attached images.  It typically happens while reading through threads, but as shown in one of the screenshots, it also happened while looking at mod tools.

IMG_5962.PNG

IMG_5956.PNG

• Thanks 1

Here is the response from ad ops. 

The issue that user was experiencing does not appear to be malware related.  
The browser is crashing.  This article talks about some things he can try on the site:  https://blog.pcrisk.com/mac/12282-how-to-fix-a-problem-occurred-with-this-webpage-so-it-was-reloaded

Blocking ads was a test that could determine if the issue is ad related or something else.  If he had it blocked and went past admiral; if he got the error again, then we know something else is affecting him.  

On 7/9/2021 at 9:57 AM, Enhance said:

@BigRedMax just an FYI, the crashing issues have popped back up again on iOS in the last week or so. I'm unable to browse on mobile for any longer than a few minutes before experiencing crashes shown in the attached images.  It typically happens while reading through threads, but as shown in one of the screenshots, it also happened while looking at mod tools.

IMG_5962.PNG

IMG_5956.PNG

“Popped back up”?  

It’s been an issue nonstop for months.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

Same here.  It started again the same time for me as when you referenced.

Here is an article about the problem. 

https://blog.pcrisk.com/mac/12282-how-to-fix-a-problem-occurred-with-this-webpage-so-it-was-reloaded

I have never been a fan of this BBS software and have not received any complaints from the XenForo BBS software and I handle complaints from multiple XenForo websites. 

I will bring this issue up again with our ad ops team on our weekly call tomorrow. The solution might be converting to XenForo. 

53 minutes ago, BigRedMax said:

The solution might be converting to XenForo. 

This site has used Invision since its birth in 2004. We've only had these problems recently. Other forums I frequent use Invision without issue. Pretty sure the board software isn't the problem. 

• Plus1 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/9/2021 at 9:57 AM, Enhance said:

IMG_5962.PNG

IMG_5956.PNG

Still having this same issue on iPhone.  The page reloads and then almost immediately crashes after @BigRedMax