Board is all sorts of broken at the moment...

Cdog923

My only real annoyance with the board right now is that someone will quote or mention me, I'll see the popup & go to the thread & respond, but then ten or twenty minutes later I get a notification up top for the same quote or mention. 

This happen to anyone else, and if so, have you found a way to fix it?

On 2/8/2021 at 7:14 AM, Mavric said:

Yeah, the title of the thread is blank and needs to be filled in.  You have to have both a thread title and a poll title.

Sorry for being dense but the second screenshot shows the title of the thread, no?  "Does Suh make the Hall of Fame".  Then the poll title shows "Does Suh make It?".  Submit that and I get the error in the first screenshot.

:dunno

52 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Sorry for being dense but the second screenshot shows the title of the thread, no?  "Does Suh make the Hall of Fame".  Then the poll title shows "Does Suh make It?".  Submit that and I get the error in the first screenshot.

:dunno

No, the first screenshot shows the thread title missing and notes that field is required:

Screenshot_20210208-035938.png

The second screenshot is on the Poll tab.  You have a title for the Poll but not a title for the thread.

Screenshot_20210208-040043.png

10 hours ago, Mavric said:

No, the first screenshot shows the thread title missing and notes that field is required:

Screenshot_20210208-035938.png

The second screenshot is on the Poll tab.  You have a title for the Poll but not a title for the thread.

Uggh...so where is the title for the thread tab?  I'm staring at my phone now and for the life of me I can't see it.

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

That is literally where it is.  Right in the box titled "Title REQUIRED" above where it says "This field is required"

I know. You're not following along.  See the screenshot where I have it filled out.  Then I hit submit and get the error.  Even after I get the error I fill it out again, in the red highlighted box, submit again, and get the same error.  

So bottom line is, I'm filling it out right and it's not accepting it for some reason.  

Just now, Scarlet said:

I know. You're not following along.  See the screenshot where I have it filled out.  Then I hit submit and get the error.  Even after I get the error I fill it out again, in the red highlighted box, submit again, and get the same error.  

So bottom line is, I'm filling it out right and it's not accepting it for some reason.  

No, you're the one not following.  You have to enter both a poll title and a thread title.  You're only entering the poll title.  When you try to submit it it takes you to the thread title box and says that is also required.  You have to enter something in the box that says it is required.

10 minutes ago, Mavric said:

No, you're the one not following.  You have to enter both a poll title and a thread title.  You're only entering the poll title.  When you try to submit it it takes you to the thread title box and says that is also required.  You have to enter something in the box that says it is required.

Like to this?

@Scarlet I just tested on desktop and mobile successfully.

In one of Mavric's screenshots, do you see the word "Content" with a circular exclamation point to the left and then a little black triangle pointing downwards? The triangle is a drop down menu to let you switch between the thread sections CONTENT and POLL. Both sections need to have a title filled in when you're creating the topic. Overall, you need to fill out five elements:

• Thread title
  • Thread body 
  • Poll title
  • Poll question
  • Poll answer(s)
  • Thanks 2
29 minutes ago, Enhance said:

@Scarlet I just tested on desktop and mobile successfully.

In one of Mavric's screenshots, do you see the word "Content" with a circular exclamation point to the left and then a little black triangle pointing downwards? The triangle is a drop down menu to let you switch between the thread sections CONTENT and POLL. Both sections need to have a title filled in when you're creating the topic. Overall, you need to fill out five elements:

• Thread title
  • Thread body 
  • Poll title
  • Poll question
  • Poll answer(s)

Got it thanks.  I just posted a test in this forum.  Can you delete that?

I think the only thing I was missing was content in the thread body as, before I had everything else in there.

Lately been having this problem. I’ll be reading a thread and will get a pop up box at the bottom saying “poster name has submitted a reply (link to view rely)”.

Used to be you’d hit that link and their reply would display in the thread without having to leave the page. Or, you could hit the X and ignore it. Lately neither the link or the X work. Only way to get rid of the notification box or to view the reply is to leave that page and come back.

I should specify. This is a problem on my iPad (ios). Have not noticed it on my phone (android). Using Brave browser on both.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

This board is very frustrating on mobile right now.  

click on a page.  

as I’m scrolling down, the page reloads.  

so, start scrolling down again and all of a sudden page goes blank with an error message. 

That's been happening a lot for me as well, for the past few days.