Board is all sorts of broken at the moment...

Cdog923

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

This board is very frustrating on mobile right now.  

click on a page.  

as I’m scrolling down, the page reloads.  

so, start scrolling down again and all of a sudden page goes blank with an error message. 

OS and device?

On 3/6/2021 at 3:20 PM, Mavric said:

I'll have to check on my iPad but I'm pretty sure it's an Apple issue.  I don't get on the board from there much but it's done that for years.  Something with how its rendering the page.  Not sure if there is anything we can do to fix it.

The issue is friggen annoying and it’s clearly an issue with this site.  It doesn’t do it with any other site I frequent. It also doesn’t happen on my MAC computer.  

• Plus1 1
10 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

The issue is friggen annoying and it’s clearly an issue with this site.  It doesn’t do it with any other site I frequent. It also doesn’t happen on my MAC computer.  

Yeah, is some combination of iOS and this site. My iPad doesn't do it on any other site either. But none of my other devices have any issue. I don't visit any other message board sites on my iPad where tweets and such have to resolve to know if iOS had the same issue on other sites.

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Yeah, is some combination of iOS and this site. My iPad doesn't do it on any other site either. But none of my other devices have any issue. I don't visit any other message board sites on my iPad where tweets and such have to resolve to know if iOS had the same issue on other sites.

Thanks for checking on it.  

On 3/13/2021 at 6:59 PM, Mavric said:

I recently switched from an Iphone 8 to the 12 and it never happened on the 8 (had the most current iOS too).  Happens daily on the 12.  

36 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

I recently switched from an Iphone 8 to the 12 and it never happened on the 8 (had the most current iOS too).  Happens daily on the 12.  

Yeah, it seems to me like iOS is not allowing any space for Tweets to embed when it first resolves the page.  So the page starts to display and it sets your view to the first unread post.  But then the tweets start to load and the page starts moving all over the place as it figures out how much space to allow.  Or something to that effect.  Doesn't seem to be an issue other than with iOS.

5 hours ago, Mavric said:

Yeah, it seems to me like iOS is not allowing any space for Tweets to embed when it first resolves the page.  So the page starts to display and it sets your view to the first unread post.  But then the tweets start to load and the page starts moving all over the place as it figures out how much space to allow.  Or something to that effect.  Doesn't seem to be an issue other than with iOS.

Yea it's weird.  This is the only site that i've ever had an issue with it:dunno

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/16/2021 at 10:14 AM, Mavric said:

So frustrating.  I think this is actually getting worse.  I also don’t think it has to do with just tweets because I’ve had it happen on pages without them. 

On desktop, both Chrome and Firefox, I've been having trouble getting into a thread from the front page.  If I click on the most recent post it takes forever to load. Not sure if it does eventually load because I get tired of waiting and just go into the forum or the thread, but when I click on the last page of the thread it loads immediately.

On 3/13/2021 at 8:58 AM, BigRedBuster said:

I was coming here to post this issue.  I've been dealing with it for the past month and tired of it too.

This just started a month or so ago for me.  I've always used my phone. 

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I was coming here to post this issue.  I've been dealing with it for the past month and tired of it too.

This just started a month or so ago for me.  I've always used my phone. 

I have had times where the board is pretty much unusable because every time I click on a page, it does this and never lets me actually see the page.

I really hope the board managers are working on this.