Does Frost go after Milton?

jjk0091

Obviously, Milton knows the offense and is a good QB.  But, what does that do to the QB room for a one and done player?  Let's say Milton is the starter next year, is Luke willing to permanently switch to WR?  Is 2AM willing to sit at QB #2?  Is Logan willing to sit at #3 for another year?

I know you can't use this as your sole reason to take or not take him.  But, I think it needs to be considered.

Without Milton, I see next year as (hopefully) 2AM starter and Logan at #2 with Luke at WR.  Maybe Logan can push 2AM like Luke did this year and actually show that he's better after being in the program and learning for a year.

Let's say Milton comes in and that causes Logan to transfer. Then what do we have in 2022?  

• Plus1 6

A lot of people will naturally draw comparisons to the whole Burrow transfer with this, but I think the situations have enough differences to warrant serious consideration for Milton. I felt that the decision to avoid Burrow was largely based on AM's raw talent and ceiling. We're essentially three seasons into that experiment now, and although we can't place all of the offense's struggles on AM's shoulders, he hasn't developed as expected.

Assuming Milton can play at or near the level of peak UCF, and if he is in consideration at other P5 schools, I feel like you have to give him a serious look. It could provide stability at a position that desperately needs it so that attention can be focused elsewhere.

• Plus1 2

@Enhance

Assuming Milton can play at or near the level of peak UCF

I typed this up once already, but when I hit "submit" it disappeared. Weird.

To answer the quote, I think you have to determine how close Milton is to Peak Milton. If he's 60%, 70%, 80%, is that better than Martinez at his best, or McCaffrey?

And if you do bring Milton in, he's your guaranteed 2021 starter, because there's no other reason to bring him here.

Which means at least one, and likely two, of Martinez, McCaffrey and Smothers look at transferring.  

• Plus1 2