Does Frost go after Milton?

jjk0091

@knapplc

And if you do bring Milton in, he's your guaranteed 2021 starter, because there's no other reason to bring him here.

Which means at least one, and likely two, of Martinez, McCaffrey and Smothers look at transferring. 

I think you're 100% spot on. I assume it would just be one season of eligibility? Maybe that helps hang onto one of them, but I think there's a strong chance someone would transfer after the spring.

I'm convinced the mental side of the game is there for MM. The biggest question is whether or not he can physically match that still.

@BigRedBuster (It wouldn't let me quote your post for some reason).

I meant it as, both, an obvious joke directed at Frost's comments about Burrow, and a serious question.

If you think he's better than Martinez or McCaffrey, you have to bring him in. I have my doubts that will be the case, though....Especially if Martinez builds off his Iowa performance.

• Plus1 1

@Husker in WI You may be right - that was a concern with Burrow.

But, I do think the dynamics are a bit different now. This is year three going on year four, we know Luke isn't quite ready yet and that AM has a lot of peaks and valleys. Frost is the only person who would know how it would impact the team psychologically, and I think a lot of the players are mature and responsible enough to understand the 'business' side of college football.

There are a lot of things different than the Burrow situation. 

1. Frost knew nothing about Burrow. 

2. Martinez was coming off his freshman year where he looked like a stud who was going to change the program and win a lot of games for us. 

3. Burrow really had no game film to show he was a baller. Other than mop up duty. 

4. Milton has some phenomenal game film that he accomplished with Frost

5. Milton has an undefeated season on his resume that he accomplished with Frost

6. He was a great team leader and could bring some positive energy and cache to the team where he might be instantly followed by players since they all watched his 2017 season like we all did

7. Milton already knows Frost's offense. Honestly better than all the QB's we have here. At a minimum maybe it would allow Frost to open up his playbook to call plays the way he wants to. Due to the fact Milton knows the playbook and is a FAST BLINKER. 

8. Having Milton know the playbook, like I said could allow Frost to open the playbook the way he wants. Which could be good for the young guys of Luke and Logan to learn from Milton and see how the offense is supposed to operate. Learn how Milton prepares and studied to pick up the playbook. It would also be a huge boost for recruiting if we could show our offense running aggressive. We need to show recruits what this offense can look like at NEBRASKA. 

• Plus1 2

Let's say Milton comes here. Let's say he's 90% of his former self. That's good enough to start and a serious upgrade from the current roster.

Does the O Line get better?

Does the WR group get better?

Does the RB group get better?

I think it's a no-brainer that we give him a chance to come here. It would be an improvement for our roster.

Would it improve Milton's situation? Does he have better options? That's likely to be the bigger question right now. Maybe he doesn't need us.

• Plus1 6

If he can change the Trajectory of the program, Bring him in with no regards to what happens with the current quarterbacks in the program. We need to win some football games, and so far what we have hasn't been accomplishing that. Bring a guy in who can win you some games, and worry about the rest later. This thing has got to start trending in the right direction. Just my 2 cents 

• Plus1 1

I am completely at a loss understanding some of the comments here about this.  What exactly have people seen out of our current QBs to not think we could use an upgrade?   Maybe Milton would be, maybe he wouldn’t, but to not try for fear of hurting feelings or loosing the team is completely insane.   We’re one and freaking four.   And while that’s not all on the QBs, they haven’t exactly been stellar.   Ask LSU and OSU how transfer QBs have worked for them.  Frost’s offense NEEDS a good “fast blinking “ passing QB.  Not pursuing Milton would fit the definition of insanity.   Continuing the same thing and expecting different results. 

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1