Does Frost go after Milton?

jjk0091

IF Milton is still Milton and IF Milton even wants to consider the program, you bring him in if only to show the Grimes' and Fidone's of the world you aren't paying them lip service when you swear you are working to bring championships to Lincoln. We worry about possibly losing a QB that got beat out by Milton but we should worry about all the cruit's we lose if we continue to struggle to field an offense.

If Milton is willing to come, you bring him in.  The only person it affects is AM.  Best QB will eventually win the job and Coaching staff should already be having conversations with LM about position switch and Logan would love to start next year, but if he starts the following year while learning under Milton, well that’s not a bad deal at all for him. 

• Plus1 1

Bringing in Milton affects AM and at least one of Luke and Milton. Maybe in your best case you convince Luke to stay and switch positions, but I just don't know if that happens. However, people seem to be assuming that Milton can come back and be even 70%, 80%, 90% plus of his former self. While maybe he has recovered physically the mental side is a whole different game. There is a laundry list of players who have major injuries that aren't even as bad as his and never return to even a shadow of their former self. The kid had to seriously face potential amputation, you don't just get over that. The list of players who come back and play at a high level again is small. Your worst case is Milton comes, you lose two existing QBs and Milton can't play at his former level. Now you have a depleted room and you're still losing games.

• Plus1 1

Milton, even at his best, wouldn't look good in our current offense.  I'm not sure anyone would.  Bringing him here doesn't change our problems in the run game.  It doesn't change our offensive line issues.  It doesn't change our lack of experience at wide receiver.  I think bringing Milton here would show a complete lack of faith in the development potential of our current QB roster and likely lead to quite a bit of attrition.  I just can't see much upside to bringing him here right now.      

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

@Hilltop so Frost will look around his offensive meeting room and say “our oline sucks, we have no running game, no WRs - I’m not even gonna bother bringing in an elite QB”. We need better players, we need to win games, just cause we have issues on offense line, RB and WR doesn’t mean we should stop trying to upgrade talent elsewhere. 

And to the attrition point, You said this about Fleming earlier in the week.

“Entitled mentalities can ruin team chemistry.  I won't lose a bit if sleep about them being gone.”

Why would you be worried about players leaving who feel entitled to the starting QB role? 

• Fire 1