Does Frost go after Milton?

jjk0091

Many of you are citing examples based on how s#!tty we are right now. Do we not expect things to develop and grow next year? If not and we still suck this bad next year then I am really concerned. After this season and a full off season do we really plan to still roll walk on receivers out? I doubt it- I would expect to see Betts and others playing. Next year I would think RB would have Mills, a better version of Scott and Thompkins with possibly sevion in the fold. Oline. Benhart, piper, Jurgens and Corcoran a year to develop. Fidone will be here. I just don’t see the same kids on the field next year. Which I see all as positive upgrades 

• Plus1 1

If this team had the 2018 version of MM and nothing else was changed from the current roster, Nebraska bears NW and IA no doubt about it.  Most likely IL too because the team wouldn’t be down 7-0 after turning the ball aver the first play.   

A stud QB covers up so many other warts on a team.  Nebraska still wouldn’t be OSU but it could be contender for spot in championship game. 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1

I can't quote or be quoted, but my point being we have a lot of pressing issues.  Betts turns out, the young OL steps up, we find a RB, and he is the MM pre-injury, he'd be a great get.  Another "coach" on the field/locker room, BUT we also have problems in coaching, discipline, etc that one guy won't change.  Much like Joe Burrows would not have changed our outcome last year IMHO.  We still have too many issues that one guy (who would play 1-2 years isn't going to fix.  Frost got his guy in AM, yet here we are....I'm a die hard fan, but I've become cynical....And I am still not sold that Frost's system will work in the B1G....

• Plus1 1

@All Hail Herbie

Believe me, I would love a quick fix, but it just seems like we are whistling past the graveyard if we place our hopes for next year in an offseason transfer.

I think most fans are cognizant of the penalties, lack of depth at the WR and RB positions, etc. I don't think this is about getting one player and making a huge leap.

This is more about fostering stability at the most important position on the field, something Nebraska currently does not have. If there's a chance MM could provide that for Nebraska then I think it would be silly to at least not give it some consideration, even if it is for a short period of time.

That said, and others have brought this up, a serious question is whether or not MM would want to even come to Nebraska. It's a fair consideration. This is an underperforming and below average program right now. Usually, a QB like him goes somewhere as sort of a 'missing piece' opportunity for an offense with potential. Outside of a couple of specific players, Nebraska's offense isn't a ringing endorsement for success right now. Maybe that changes.

• Plus1 5

@Archy1221 I'd guess the staff has the analytics and film to know just how effective Milton would be. I'm curious to see what this offense looks like with a guy that makes decisions quickly, and can deliver the ball accurately and on time. If Frost thinks it's worth a go, it's worth a go - he knows Milton better than anyone.

Milton was 23-0 his last 2 seasons as a starter, and in the middle of that - had a coaching change and lost his best two receiving targets to the NFL. Dude is a gamer. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

I don't think it is worth the risk.  I have not seen any footage or documentation about his recovery and capabilities.  Has he done any public workouts?  Has anyone worked him out?  That kind of injury is almost impossible to recover from to even 60%.  Why risk it?  With our OLine, he probably gets reinjured after game 1 and we burn a scholly we need elsewhere and old SF has to keep him on roster because he's a "good ole boy"...the Burrow comparisons are laughable, future Heisman/CFP winner vs. a guy with bionic leg...no thanks, wish you the best, see you on the coaching staff as a grad assistant some day...lets be real folks

• Plus1 1