Champions Week

HOL guessing the following:

Ohio State v Northwestern

Iowa v Indiana

Minnesota v Wisconsin (earlier game was cancelled)

Maryland v Michigan State (earlier game was cancelled)

Michigan v Purdue (neither team might be able to play so this way they only lose one game this weekend)

Rutgers v Nebraska (NU has already played Illinois and Penn State)

Illinois v Penn State

Makes pretty good sense.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Mavric said:

HOL guessing the following:

Ohio State v Northwestern

Iowa v Indiana

Minnesota v Wisconsin (earlier game was cancelled)

Maryland v Michigan State (earlier game was cancelled)

Michigan v Purdue (neither team might be able to play so this way they only lose one game this weekend)

Rutgers v Nebraska (NU has already played Illinois and Penn State)

Illinois v Penn State

Makes pretty good sense.

I don't understand the comment about Illinois. Illinois is in our division.

7 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I'm done saying NU "should have won" this game or that game.  Yes, NU had great opportunities to beat both Northwestern and Iowa, but didn't get it done.

Oh I agree.  That's why I mention "sad to admit".  I hate the "only if" scenario talking point. Because you are what your record says you are. 

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I don't understand the comment about Illinois. Illinois is in our division.

Minnesota and Wisconsin are also in the same division as well as Maryland and Michigan State.  So it's likely not going to be exclusively cross-divisional games.  But when you get down to the bottom four teams, setting it up that way would avoid rematches.  It's probably obvious that they would go with the cross-divisional matchups but just added for clarity.

1 minute ago, Mavric said:

Minnesota and Wisconsin are also in the same division as well as Maryland and Michigan State.  So it's likely not going to be exclusively cross-divisional games.  But when you get down to the bottom four teams, setting it up that way would avoid rematches.  It's probably obvious that they would go with the cross-divisional matchups but just added for clarity.

Gotcha, didn't look much at the other teams.

Originally it seemed like the Huskers would host Rutgers because the Huskers have only had three home games while Rutgers has had four.  But apparently the East was supposed to get four home games and Rutgers has finals next week (NU's semester is over) so they are lobbying to host.  Sounding like they're going to win.

11 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Originally it seemed like the Huskers would host Rutgers because the Huskers have only had three home games while Rutgers has had four.  But apparently the East was supposed to get five home games and Rutgers has finals next week (NU's semester is over) so they are lobbying to host.  Sounding like they're going to win.

Do you know why the East was supposed to get to host 5 out of 7 possible games?

• Thanks 1