What is the future of the Republican Party?

4 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Yet it doesn’t.  It means he increased minority support from the McCain, Romney elections.  That means minorities liked his policies better.  That means the GOP should continue to work with minority groups on those policies and others.  

You do know that McCain and Romney were running against a black man, right? That seems incredibly relevant. The GOP should continue to work with minority groups by...keeping minorities off the ballot?

• Plus1 2

i am tired of talking with the "orange man is God" people.   they can go f#&% off.....biden won and trump is gone.  garbage in...garbage out.   only took 4 years and the garbage was spoiled badly but it's on the way to the dump where it belongs.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, commando said:

i am tired of talking with the "orange man is God" people.   they can go f#&% off.....biden won and trump is gone.  garbage in...garbage out.   only took 4 years and the garbage was spoiled badly but it's on the way to the dump where it belongs.

Trump and his spychoprhants are proving how disgustingly pathetic they are with how they are handling the post election period.  Problem is, his worshipers just don't give a s#!t about democracy.  They just want their orange man (is God) to be the winner no matter what.

Oh...they THINK they care about Democracy and they THINK they are being the savior of the world.  But, in reality, they are tearing apart what has made America what it has been for centuries.  They just don't give enough s#!t about it to see it.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Trump and his spychoprhants are proving how disgustingly pathetic they are with how they are handling the post election period.  Problem is, his worshipers just don't give a s#!t about democracy.  They just want their orange man (is God) to be the winner no matter what.

Oh...they THINK they care about Democracy and they THINK they are being the savior of the world.  But, in reality, they are tearing apart what has made America what it has been for centuries.  They just don't give enough s#!t about it to see it.

they don't care what america has been.  they only care for america to be what they want it to be.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Did Bush run against Obama?

Did Trump do better with Hispanic vote than Romney or McCain? 

Thank you 

You're making a joke of an argument.  The percentages are so minuscule they don't matter.  It's nothing.  Republicans are pathetic with minorities for a reason.  They just don't want to admit it so they find....hey.....he beat McCain with minorities....he's awesome.  Meanwhile, the vast majority are still voting Dems because they have no desire to be a part of a party that the KKK, Proud Boys and Neo Nazis are a part of.  There's also a reason WHY those groups LOVE the Trump party.

• Plus1 1

7 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Yet it doesn’t.  It means he increased minority support from the McCain, Romney elections.  That means minorities liked his policies better.  That means the GOP should continue to work with minority groups on those policies and others.  

OK, let's just take this idiotic statement.  Trump got 12% of the black vote.  That should be absolutely embarrassing for Republicans.  But...NO.....they're celebrating because he got 12%.  Nixon, Ford and Reagan all did better than him.  

Asians liked Bush a lot better than this idiot.

Hispanics also liked Reagan and Bush better.

So, this line of propaganda thought is just plain stupid.

• Plus1 1

I'm new to this thread, but the GOP is going to continue to do well in Gubernatorial elections. They will dominate the Senate. It's already evident that McConnell is moving the party back to the Obama era Republican playbook.

Voters will not punish the GOP, as punishing the GOP means voting for Democrats. This tantamount to a rejection of their very being. 

My prediction is that by 2024 the GOP will recover, while using Trumpism for certain elections where it fits. By 2028 the GOP will return to the subtle-racist policies they've championed for decades (replacing Trumpisms' open racism). The GOP is like the Borg, they aren't going anywhere. 

15 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I'm new to this thread, but the GOP is going to continue to do well in Gubernatorial elections. They will dominate the Senate. It's already evident that McConnell is moving the party back to the Obama era Republican playbook.

Voters will not punish the GOP, as punishing the GOP means voting for Democrats. This tantamount to a rejection of their very being. 

My prediction is that by 2024 the GOP will recover, while using Trumpism for certain elections where it fits. By 2028 the GOP will return to the subtle-racist policies they've championed for decades (replacing Trumpisms' open racism). The GOP is like the Borg, they aren't going anywhere. 

I could maybe see a day where the GOP is largely kept out of the white house if the democrats ever grow some balls and initiate electoral college reform when they get the chance. I'm turning 30 in a few months and the GOP has won the popular vote one time in my life - which had some unique circumstances in the shadow of 9/11 and Iraq invasion. The EC is horrible at representing the will of the people. The lightly populated states get more than their fair share of representation in the senate, which as you mentioned will always keep the GOP relevant.

I've shared before that my hope is that the cult breaks off from the GOP and forms their own party. Make people choose between white nationalist facism and actual conservative values. It's a pipe dream, but finding a way to defeat the cult is the only way to get back to any semblance of sanity in this country.

• Plus1 3
3 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

The GOP does not have racist policies.  Just cause you say it, doesn’t actually make it so.  

• Plus1 1