What is the future of the Republican Party?

9 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

How long do folks like this guy continue to stump/pull for Trump? After Jan 20, is the immediate play for them to go all in on Trump 2024, or does another acolyte step up and displace Trump? If so, who will that be?

For me, Ron DeSantis is at the top of my list and I don’t have a close second yet.  Would love for him to pick Tim Scott or John James as VP running mate.  Trump 2024 in my opinion has very very little chance of happening after the last few weeks of shenanigans.  

• Plus1 2
Just now, Archy1221 said:

For me, Ron DeSantis is at the top of my list and I don’t have a close second yet.  Would love for him to pick Tim Scott or John James as VP running mate.  Trump 2024 in my opinion has very very little chance of happening after the last few weeks of shenanigans.  

ron deathantis?    Really?   god i hope not.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Decoy73 said:

Hopefully, Sasse, Kinzinger or the like.  They may not be perfect, but it's time for people to start realizing what's right and what's wrong while treating one another with respect again.  Is any alternative better? 

i could possibly align with Sasse....but i have a hard time forgiving him not voting to impeach trump when he had the chance to stop the freak

• Plus1 3

3 minutes ago, commando said:

i could possibly align with Sasse....but i have a hard time forgiving him not voting to impeach trump when he had the chance to stop the freak

The point is he’d be a typical R president and that’s what the country needs if we’re going to have an R president (hopefully not though).

• Plus1 1
24 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Cuomo is running for the Republican nomination in 2024?

Could be? But my point was more to the fact that Cuomo's early policy has been proven to have attributed to countless deaths in NY...just as you alluded to "deathsantis". Include both Governors in your disapproval and I am fine with it.

1 minute ago, DevoHusker said:

Could be? But my point was more to the fact that Cuomo's early policy has been proven to have attributed to countless deaths in NY...just as you alluded to "deathsantis". Include both Governors in your disapproval and I am fine with it.

Huh? I was replying to Archy's post about wishing to see Desantis run for the Republican nomination.  I was suppose to include all the governors I disapprove of?

I do believe Cuomo was following CDC guidelines at the time though, while Desantis just ignored the reopening gateways then proceeded to fudge the numbers.  I wonder why he'd do that.

• Plus1 3
7 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Cuomo has done some s#!tty stuff too, but what does that have to do with DeSantis running for president? If this was a thread about governors dropping the ball on COVID it would be relevant. 

• Plus1 3