What is the future of the Republican Party?

5 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Makes no sense to answer your question.  The boldest shows you already have a pre-conceived belief without trying to find a real reason. 

Just wondering why you think DeSantis would be better than Sasse?  

Even though you've recently denounced Trump's behavior, it is pretty obvious you have supported him in the past.  Am I wrong?  

So even if I worded my question in a pre-conceived or cynical sort of way--my apologies for that, it is my assumption that you must like DeSantis for similar reasons that you previously liked Trump.  So please do tell what DeSantis could do better than Ben Sasse as President.

2 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

The guy handled Coronavirus just as bad as the president....and you think he's GREAT?  He's not a pig for letting people DIE because he didn't lock down the state and nothing closed?  You think he's not a pig and selfish for letting people die when he could have helped prevent it?

You want a guy like that to come in and do the same thing Trump did again?

Every Western Industrialized country has had a Covid problem (Germany probably doing the best)  Every state in the US has had a Covid problem (Vermont may be exception).   Don’t let hatred take over your thinking capabilities. 

CA has arguably the most draconian Covid restrictions in place (maybe NY) and it’s way worse there than in FL.  

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, NebraskaHarry said:

The boldest shows you have no desire to answer the question without trying to find a real reason. 

Well, no.  It actually means what it says.  Reading comprehension isn’t very hard once one studies and works at it.  Can even be self taught, or we seem to have teachers on here that may be able to give private tutoring lessons.  @teachercd

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

As a person who lives in Florida and has first hand knowledge of how Ron DeSantis governs...you should be ashamed of yourself Archy.  He's a selfish pig who doesn't care about anyone but himself.

I remember when he beat Coronavirus...he sure is intelligent and awesome:

I don't even live in FL and even I'm well aware of just how horrible Desantis is.  Definitely in line with other well known Republicans who supported Trump and he also aligned himself with Trump's take/attitude on Covid (until it was way too late...) which of course was that it wasn't 'that big of a deal' and that it was 'getting much much much better/we're turning the corner now' blah blah blah'.  

He's shown that he definitely has no business being the governor of any state let a lone Florida but he would also get pummelled if ever ran for President in the first place.  You can't stand a chance at running for President if you've already got blood on your hands and that would certainly be on center stage if he even ran.  Good luck with all that.  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1