What is the future of the Republican Party?

if the republican party continues on the trumian path of no compromise, no negotiations, no deals, constant warfare, and generally demonizing  everyone who isn't in lockstep with them as someone who must be crushed .....it isn't going to be a bright future.

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

That’s probably conduct unbecoming a leader from the Air Force.  

You're treading on thin ice with comments like these. If you can't make a point without casting aspersions on another poster then it's best to just let it go.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Enhance said:

You're treading on thin ice with comments like these. If you can't make a point without casting aspersions on another poster then it's best to just let it go.

Said poster can just make up disgusting lies about a state leader saying that state leader doesn’t care if people live or die in the same post he lauded his military leadership?  And he can’t get called out on that?????   

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Enhance said:

And another poster posted he wishes a bomb went off in a tent full of people and he doesn’t get the ‘treading on thin ice’ treatment?  Instead gets the ‘not picking on you’ treatment??  Seems like strange times to me. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Archy1221 said:

Said poster can just make up disgusting lies about a state leader saying that state leader doesn’t care if people live or die in the same post he lauded his military leadership?  And he can’t get called out on that?????   

There's a difference between attacking someone's post, and attacking the poster. It's not your job to tell someone what they can and can't do here. If you disagree with someone, argue the merits of what they're saying without making it personal.

We have rules on Huskerboard for a reason. If you or any poster doesn't like them, or can't abide them, then there are plenty of other message boards out there.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

And another poster posted he wishes a bomb went off in a tent full of people and he doesn’t get the ‘treading on thin ice’ treatment?  Instead gets the ‘not picking on you’ treatment??  Seems like strange times to me. 

Actually, said poster did get called out for that and the situation was addressed by the mods.

I suggest you avoid commenting on board matters to which you are not privy to the details. I also suggest you drop this and move on.

27 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

It would suggest the evolution to a business-friendly socially liberal America. Not such a bad place to be. 

And maybe if we had this for awhile people could get out from under the brainwashing that universal healthcare is a radical far left idea that's going to bring about communism.

44 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

It would suggest the evolution to a business-friendly socially liberal America. Not such a bad place to be. 

History shows Liberals tend to take their bad politics with them when leaving for greener pastures after destroying the states and counties they currently reside in 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

I'm trying to read more about Desantis - all I've ever heard about him was COVID related. He looks like he reversed some things that Rick Scott was doing, and did reach across the aisle and (pre-covid) even some D's we're happy with him as governor. Then he went full trump and I can't find a good thing to say about him in this past year. He deserves credit for the rioting at the White House as he parroted everything Trump said about fraud to the folks in Florida. Honestly would have been an interesting candidate if he hadn't gone all out on being Trump's lap dog. 

• Plus1 2