What is the future of the Republican Party?

10 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

History shows Liberals tend to take their bad politics with them when leaving for greener pastures after destroying the states and counties they currently reside in 

Tell me which states are welfare states and which states provide for these welfare states?

8 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I didn’t mention welfare at all.   Why would companies be leaving CA as was suggested by another poster. 

You said liberals are destroying their states. Blue states and cities have the best economies in our country. It is the red southern states that need help because they cant function on their own. 

14 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

You said liberals are destroying their states. Blue states and cities have the best economies in our country. It is the red southern states that need help because they cant function on their own. 

The Tax dollars out and Fed dollars in is an entirely different discussion, and more nuanced, than why people and companies are leaving CA for TX. 
If CA were a great environment for those companies, they probably wouldn’t be leaving.  

• Plus1 1

22 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I get the point of what Bill is trying to get across.  I wonder if he is the best messenger? My Memory isn’t always the best, but wasn’t he one of the biggest defenders of the War in Iraq and justifying some of the lies, conspiracies about WMD’s and Bush nation building policies that got us into that quagmire?  

Might have been other people but his name comes to mind. 

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

I get the point of what Bill is trying to get across.  I wonder if he is the best messenger? My Memory isn’t always the best, but wasn’t he one of the biggest defenders of the War in Iraq and justifying some of the lies, conspiracies about WMD’s and Bush nation building policies that got us into that quagmire?  

wouldn't matter 1 bit if he was or wasn't.  what he is saying now is the truth

1 minute ago, commando said:

wouldn't matter 1 bit if he was or wasn't.  what he is saying now is the truth

Back then he was possibly a liar about promoting a war and false reports about WMD’s that caused millions of deaths, but now we give him the moral authority to tell us what to do? 

his message may or may not be the right one, he’s definitely not the right one to promote it if what I remember about him is correct.  

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Exactly the reason he is a good messenger. He has been accused of being a total Conservative insider, but still has respect and is well thought of, in most Rep circles. So, for him to advocate this sensible action that both handles the current insurrection, and provides hope for the future of the Republican Party, I am all for it. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

Back then he was possibly a liar about promoting a war and false reports about WMD’s that caused millions of deaths, but now we give him the moral authority to tell us what to do? 

his message may or may not be the right one, he’s definitely not the right one to promote it if what I remember about him is correct.  

if satan himself said the same thing...it would still be the truth.   right is right.   

• Plus1 1
15 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

History shows Liberals tend to take their bad politics with them when leaving for greener pastures after destroying the states and counties they currently reside in 

Economics shows that the cost of doing business in California is largely influenced by free market supply and demand. Taxes are definitely a consideration. Regulations less so, especially in tech. The main reason for relocating from California is the high housing costs that require you to pay higher employer salaries. Those high costs continue to be driven by the number of people who want to live in California. For 30 years they've sounded the death knell for California as business flees for cheaper pastures, but at the end of the day the state is still thriving, the sixth largest economy in the world, a diversified global leader in tech, agriculture, entertainment, and aerospace, generating the huge surpluses that make up for the whiny teat-sucking Red States. 

Believe me, California is far from idyllic. But for every citizen or company that abandons it, there's somebody to replace them. And when those next generation companies flee to other states, they still hire next generation employees who value social justice and community as much or more as their salary (that's a fact.)  It's really a better model for living and shouldn't frighten you. Democrats still like money, and they're very good at earning it. 

Tell you what: I'll take the four bluest of blue states: California, New York, Illinois and Washington. You can have the remaining 46: including the low tax, regulation-hating, business-on-a-platter states and we'll see how the free market money flows. We can wait a couple years for Texas to join the party. 

• Plus1 1