What is the future of the Republican Party?

1 hour ago, commando said:

i wonder how the left will be blamed for gaetz.  we know for sure that the right will not only refuse to think matt could have done anything wrong...but that he was framed by the evil left.   

It doesn't matter. Let them tip toe around this alleged pedo, and insurrectionist Marjorie Taylor Green, and lets focus on delivering substantive and tangible change. I strongly believe if they keep playing this game and whatever contrived Dr. Suess-esq controversy while Biden keeps delivering, they will get slaughtered in the midterms.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, SECHusker said:

It doesn't matter. Let them tip toe around this alleged pedo, and insurrectionist Marjorie Taylor Green, and lets focus on delivering substantive and tangible change. I strongly believe if they keep playing this game and whatever contrived Dr. Suess-esq controversy while Biden keeps delivering, they will get slaughtered in the midterms.

I hope you're right. 

I personally see very little chance that Democrats can hold the house. Polarization, redistricting, and a host of other factors make it impossible. Chances are Biden will be in charge of an economy with near record growth, 3.5% unemployment, and a swath of popular accomplishments under his belt including infrastructure and doing well moving the country on from COVID. 

Republicans will decend further into their own reality devoid of facts, substance or a meaningful platform. Their candidates will combine to receive a millions of fewer votes and still win 20-30 house seats with an outside shot at the Senate.

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I hope you're right. 

I personally see very little chance that Democrats can hold the house. Polarization, redistricting, and a host of other factors make it impossible. Chances are Biden will be in charge of an economy with near record growth, 3.5% unemployment, and a swath of popular accomplishments under his belt including infrastructure and doing well moving the country on from COVID. 

Republicans will decend further into their own reality devoid of facts, substance or a meaningful platform. Their candidates will combine to receive a millions of fewer votes and still win 20-30 house seats with an outside shot at the Senate.

Definitely see your point, but hopefully the senate passes a majority of the house's voting rights bill this month, to include the bipartisan panel on redistricting.

29 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

You just described 2018 and 2019

What popular accomplishments are you referring too?

Trumps single legislative victory was the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, the approval ratings of which  have hovered in the upper 30s to low 40s.

Trumps Presidency will be forever remembered for the toxicity if exuded. So far, Biden is far more likable and his policies infinitely more beneficial. Not that beating Trump in this regard is particularly difficult. 

• Plus1 6
  • Fire 1
13 hours ago, SECHusker said:

Yes, it is their last cries of irrelevancy.   The whimper of a dying party.  The party chose not to move on with the times and the change in culture, demographics, and the current needs of the country.  They are indeed "clinging to their guns and religion' and let me remind you that I'm all for religious faith and the 2nd amendment.  However, I'm for a religious faith that is free of politicization and a 2nd amendment that is properly used.  The GOP has gone back in time instead of being current and forward looking.

Funny how, Old Man Biden, is more current, more aware of the heartbeat of the country then the current group of GOP "leaders" who are in their 30s, 40s and 50s. 

• Plus1 2