What is the future of the Republican Party?

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

agree with this. -  Stop saying "We want abortion to be rare" than defend abortion even to the 9th month and at all cost (yes I know most late term abortions are for medical necessity reasons).  If they could recognize the life of the baby as well as the life of the mother to be as both valuable - and that there are valid reasons to support the life in the womb when there are no medically necessary reasons for an abortion.   Help elect pro-life Dems - start wt making pro-lifers welcomed at the table of discussion within the party.   Acknowledge there are alternatives to abortion if the mother carries the baby to term.  Adoption, financial assistance. etc. 

On the GOP side - they could start with helping with funding for contraception, education, etc.    Expand prenatal care, "welfare' programs to help the poor caught in an unplanned pregnancy, etc. Help make adoption less expensive for those who want to adopt a baby from an unplanned pregnancy. Reach out to the pro-choice side to find common ground to make "Abortion rare."   Abstinence education isn't the solution.  Guys will be Guys and Gals will be Gals and the Birds and the Bees are still flying overhead (by the way, How did birds and bees get associated with sex/pregnancy:dunno - but I digress) 

As a whole, I recognize that abortion #s are trending downward.  The GOP & the Dems however wants to keep it as a red meat issue for political reasons - thus it has been hard to find common ground as neither side wants to compromise.

see above

To add to the list for the GOP, stop being utter morons about who can adopt. Sexual orientation should not even be a question. Gays should be able to adopt, just as easily as hetero couples. I know that is a small population overall but I imagine they would make up a larger population of adoptive parents because they can't have children of their own together unless they do it individually. Singles should be able to adopt easily if they're financially stable. I know they can adopt but it's more difficult.

• Plus1 1

On 4/9/2021 at 5:21 PM, DevoHusker said:

I am guessing there are a lot of folks that are thrilled that Gaetz has taken the heat off of Cuomo. 

Maybe they can have the trials at the same time, one broadcast on Fox and one on CNN. 

Ratings bonanza I tell ya.

CNN has been covering the Cuomo story from the beginning. On the other hand, Fox repeatedly ignores news that is negative for Republicans or spins it. 

• Plus1 4

The last several posts - show what the GOP has become.  Despicable.   And then in my own state we have this guy elected as GOP chair

https://www.koco.com/article/anti-islamic-ex-lawmaker-named-oklahoma-gop-chairman/36088144#

A former state representative with a reputation for anti-Islamic rhetoric has been elected as chairman of the Oklahoma Republican Party.

Former state Rep. John Bennett won a first-ballot victory at the party convention Saturday at the Oklahoma City Convention Center, vice chairman Shane Jemison said Sunday.

I

n 2013, he helped form the unofficial House counterterrorism caucus, citing concerns about a Muslim attempt to replace the U.S. Constitution with Islamic law. He also referred to Islam as a “cancer in our nation that needs to be cut out” and faced criticism for Facebook posts targeting Muslims and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

• Thanks 1