What is the future of the Republican Party?

17 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Seems to me we just avoided a alt right totalitarian Trump from taking over our country wt a 2nd term. You know the guy who had a love affair with that alt leftist communist Little Fat Boy, the guy who sucked the tit of that alt leftist (faux communist) Putin, the guy who was losing the tariff war wt his friend Xi.   Oh, the same guy who thought the Thug running Turkey was a swell guy.    4 more years of Trump and we'd be seeing totalitarianism up close and personal.   I'll take my chances wt Uncle Joe, maybe in 4 years the GOP will come to their senses but it is doubtful based on current trends.

I mean I know,  right? People that disagreed with Trump were "canceled" and his party openly and seriously considered sending dissenters to "re-education camps."

Oh wait.........

The hypocrites on the left need to get faux triggers straight. They got their panties in a bunch when he was promoting peace and being diplomatic, accusing him of cozying up to dictators, but when he played hard ball against those same dictators they accused him of not being Presidential.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Scarlet said:

"America First" code for "Only Whitey Welcome"? :dunno

Wrong thread 

Two of the rising stars of the Republican Party voted against the National Marrow Donor Program huh?  Good peeps.  Solid human beings.

Neither are rising stars nor will have leadership positions 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Wrong thread 

Neither are rising stars nor will have leadership positions 

Thank you Officer Archy.

Actually right thread.  It's the way the Republican Party is going unless people such as yourself decide to speak out against the likes of MTG, Paul Gosar, Louie Gohmert, and Barry Moore who are founding the America First Caucus.  I suppose I could have put it in the  "Racism - it's a real thing" thread.  It fits there too.  More on that.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/america-first-caucus-anglo-saxon-political-traditions-marjorie-taylor-greene-2021-4%3famp

As far as MTG not being a rising star you better check in with the boss first.  He disagrees.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/08/12/trump-georgia-qanon-taylor-greene-394204

Congratulations to future Republican Star Marjorie Taylor Greene on a big Congressional primary win in Georgia against a very tough and smart opponent,” Trump wrote on Twitter. “Marjorie is strong on everything and never gives up — a real WINNER!”

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
58 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Thank you Officer Archy.

Actually right thread.  It's the way the Republican Party is going unless people such as yourself decide to speak out against the likes of MTG, Paul Gosar, Louie Gohmert, and Barry Moore who are founding the America First Caucus.  I suppose I could have put it in the  "Racism - it's a real thing" thread.  It fits there too.  More on that.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/america-first-caucus-anglo-saxon-political-traditions-marjorie-taylor-greene-2021-4%3famp

As far as MTG not being a rising star you better check in with the boss first.  He disagrees.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/08/12/trump-georgia-qanon-taylor-greene-394204

Congratulations to future Republican Star Marjorie Taylor Greene on a big Congressional primary win in Georgia against a very tough and smart opponent,” Trump wrote on Twitter. “Marjorie is strong on everything and never gives up — a real WINNER!”

Didn't she win unopposed? Her opponent moved out of state and thus was disqualified from running.

• Plus1 1

Thank you Officer Archy.

I don’t really care what Trump says.  In no way shape or form is MTG a leader or future leader of the party.  And I’d wager anything on that if it were a bet in Vegas or on here 

You are just making up crap about “future Republican leader/star” to stir things up when it’s patently false.  Not much of an honest conversation as people say here 

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

I don’t really care what Trump says.  In no way shape or form is MTG a leader or future leader of the party.  And I’d wager anything on that if it were a bet in Vegas or on here 

You are just making up crap about “future Republican leader/star” to stir things up when it’s patently false.  Not much of an honest conversation as people say here 

Marjorie Taylor Greene’s incredible fundraising haul reveals what the GOP is really about

In preparation for what is likely to be a contentious reelection fight, freshman Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) has raised more than $3 million in the last three months, Politico reported Wednesday.

It’s a shocking total, one that dwarfs the nearly $728,000 Rep. Alexandria Ocasio Cortez (D-NY) pulled in during the first three months of 2019, and it follows months of controversy that have dogged Greene since her election victory in November.

Also of note is that the lawmaker’s haul came primarily from small donors, over 100,000 of them in total. In recent months, many large corporations have expressed concern about political donations to GOP candidates in an effort to appeal to a more socially conscious body politic; according to Reuters, corporate donations have largely continued, but an inflamed base of supporters are ready to help offset any potential losses in fundraising.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Lol... Trump, the undisputed head of the Republican Party, literally calls her a "future star" and I'm stirring the pot?  You may not like to admit it due to your attachment to the Party but it's been infected by an element you may want to deny exists, or not. I'd think anyone who loved their party would want to fix it not hide their head in the sand.  I'm not sure why would want to just gloss over the problem other than you agree with the likes of MTG, Paul Gosar, Louie Gohmert, Gaetz, Gym, Barry Moore, etc. You can't have it both ways.

• Plus1 1
10 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Yes you are correct

So, pointing out the rising stars in the Republican Party and showing his pathetic they are is stirring the pot.  Maybe Republicans need to look inward a little more instead of being frustrated at the people shining light on how pathetic the party is.  

• Plus1 2