What is the future of the Republican Party?

26 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Funny how that ruffles folks like you. 

Funny how you think it does.  None of them are politicians in an area that represents me, I don’t get to vote for them, and none of them will be making national policy decisions :dunno

I do get what you are tryin to do though.  Misguided but admirable. 

• Plus1 2

4 hours ago, Moiraine said:

How does Republican leadership, the ones who aren’t stupid, not see the damage they are doing and put a stop to it? Autocracy isn’t going to work out well for many of them. 

The answer is simple - POWER.

How does that saying go? "Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely." 

Power is absolutely at its most corrosive when the person holding power fears losing it. 

• Plus1 2
53 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Funny how you think it does.  None of them are politicians in an area that represents me, I don’t get to vote for them, and none of them will be making national policy decisions :dunno

You literally just posted your dismissive opinions of Mitt Romney, John McCain, and Liz Cheney, none of them politicians you get to vote for. 

Funny how you think. :bang

• Plus1 6
3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

“Finish the dang fence” McCain was basically a shape shifting Republican who did whatever he could to be liked by the established Washington class and the media.  He was basically a war supporting Democratic many years of his reign. 

Boebert is laughed at and not worth the time. Trump isn’t in office anymore and after 2022 will be largely irrelevant especially when he isn’t the 2024 nominee.  Romney is McCain lite without the war background.  He will shift opinions with the wind depending on how it looks with the established political class.  If he had more of a spine, he would have been a decent politician.   He should have beaten Obama, but Obama crushed him because Obama was a tough politician who knew what it took to win.  Romney wants to be liked more by the chattering class than actually win. Amash is a poor mans Rand Paul,  nothing against him.  He left the party, the party didn’t boot him.  Liz is on borrowed time.   Pretty much all the words she deserves.  She got carried up by daddy and now that his stature is fading, so will she.  

LOL....so, more criticize the decent human beings and very little criticism of the horrible people populating the party now.

• Plus1 5

4 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

You literally just posted your dismissive opinions of Mitt Romney, John McCain, and Liz Cheney, none of them politicians you get to vote for. 

Funny how you think. :bang

Correct.  Someone asked me about them if you will remember.  I obliged and gave my opinion.  It’s kinda what happens on message boards :dunno

people in CA may get ruffled up and mentally hurt over a politician, not so with myself. 

• Plus1 1

34 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Correct.  Someone asked me about them if you will remember.  I obliged and gave my opinion.  It’s kinda what happens on message boards :dunno

people in CA may get ruffled up and mentally hurt over a politician, not so with myself. 

God I wish I cared enough to review your posting history. 

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Scarlet said:

Spot on but reasonable is not a hallmark of the clownish Trumpist sycophants.

This is what happens when the inmates start running the asylum. The crazies in the party are doing all they can to tear the country apart while we look on in horror. 

The GOP is going to be out voted by a few million votes in 2022 because their insanity is obvious. But they don't care, they're going to win 20 house seats in the process. 

Disgusting. 

• Plus1 3

Boy, you would think everyone’s dog just got shot by the posts and threads harping on the Republican Party.  

The Democrats have one party rule for two years and all everyone is concerned about is the Republicans “destroying themselves”.  One would think all the Democrats, Democrat lites on this board would be ecstatic.  Dems are in charge and Republicans are blowing it.  What’s not to like for you all.:lol:

• Plus1 2