What is the future of the Republican Party?

7 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Related tweet.  This is what the party has come to.  For all of the GOP angst  at the election of "The Tribe" by Dems few years back, the GOP has proven to be more than equal in electing far right radicals.  At least I don't fear the Tribe of trying to destroy our country.  The Tribe didn't ignite an insurrection but these on the radical right want to believe a lie about the election and support those who attacked our capital.  Cawthorn is an example of a low political IQ, low history IQ politician who slithers into congress by preying on the voter's deepest fears and wild imaginations - fears and imaginations that Trump & the far right have planted in voter's minds through their multiple self serving lies. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2

OWN THE LIBS is their entire party platform. They can't even condemn a riot that killed cops because Trump incited it. Think about that, the people the fly f#&%ing "Blue Live's Matter" flags, condone the killing of cops if Trump is the one behind it. There is no value or respect in that. Cheney knows it, so she decided to step on to the right side of history. How hard is it to say, "I like a lot of  Trump's policies, but lies and riot he incited that killed our police, is inexcusable".  If the shoe was on the other foot, and Hilary incited riots that ended in officers getting killed, prior to Trump's inauguration - Tucker Carlsons head would have exploded and the party leadership on the right would be spending every waking minute talking about it, and trying to get everyone with a D next to their name who agreed with it, kicked out of politics AND THEY WOULD CORRECT TO DO THAT. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
30 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Related tweet.  This is what the party has come to.  For all of the GOP angst  at the election of "The Tribe" by Dems few years back, the GOP has proven to be more than equal in electing far right radicals.  At least I don't fear the Tribe of trying to destroy our country.  The Tribe didn't ignite an insurrection but these on the radical right want to believe a lie about the election and support those who attacked our capital.  Cawthorn is an example of a low political IQ, low history IQ politician who slithers into congress by preying on the voter's deepest fears and wild imaginations - fears and imaginations that Trump & the far right have planted in voter's minds through their multiple self serving lies. 

Hope he gets voted out of office next election.  

• Plus1 3
  • Oh Yeah! 1
3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Trump has an influence for sure in the party, Gaetz and Greene do not which you know.  They have influence with a subset of voters.  

You would most likely be happy I guess going back to days of nation building and war mongering since that’s who you want back in charge. :bang

So, you still support Trump's influence over the party.:bang

And, it's clear the party supports Gaetz and Greene and it's because they support Trump.  It's pretty pathetic when Liz gets voted out and these two idiots are supported.  

• Plus1 2

I probably already answered the OP but I'll answer it again.

The Republican party will either take over and turn our government into an authoritarian fake democracy like Russia, or they will fade away into obsolescence.

I can't picture any other path right now. They're letting the nutjobs take over. Those nutjobs aren't interested in democracy, so if they manage through gerrymandering and voter suppression to take control, they're going to try to hold onto it.

The thing that would make it even worse than Russia is they have shown that they have no issue with having a complete moron in charge. Putin is an a$$h@!e but he's not stupid. Although if you don't live in Moscow there probably isn't much difference because you're poor and not benefiting from him not being an idiot.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, you still support Trump's influence over the party.:bang

And, it's clear the party supports Gaetz and Greene and it's because they support Trump.  It's pretty pathetic when Liz gets voted out and these two idiots are supported.  

She didn’t get voted out of the party.  You must be misinformed. She got voted out of a leadership position. Those two people living rent free in your head are not in leadership either.   
you don’t belong to the party anymore so what difference does it make to you anyways?  I could careless about who is or isn’t in the Democrat leadership positions.  

• Plus1 2
7 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

She didn’t get voted out of the party.  You must be misinformed. She got voted out of a leadership position. Those two people living rent free in your head are not in leadership either.   
you don’t belong to the party anymore so what difference does it make to you anyways?  I could careless about who is or isn’t in the Democrat leadership positions.  

So you do still support Trump's influence over the party.

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

You didn't dispute it.

Do you still support Trump's influence over the party?

I was responding about Liz.  

I support Republicans continuing to push many of the the policies Trump admin ram and governed on.  I don’t support any cult of personality, I don’t support Trump constantly talking about 2020, if that’s all he wants to talk about then he is useless going forward.   If he wants to talk about furthering the platform/agenda then fine.  It would be best if he just did the Bush things and quietly just loved his life.   

He ain’t gonna be the nominee in 2024.  

9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

You didn't dispute it.

Do you still support Trump's influence over the party?

Why do you care so much about Republican leadership positions? 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Hope he gets voted out of office next election.  

Agree and he happens to my son's congressman - which my son is 'discussed about'.  That district went from clown # 1 - Mark Meadows to a bigger clown in this guy.  Shows the growing  derangement of the trump cult.

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Why do you care so much about Republican leadership positions? 

So, because I'm an independent, I shouldn't have opinions on leadership of the only two parties I get to choose from?  I personally would love a viable conservative party.  Why wouldn't I be concerned then about the leadership of the party that claims to be that (even though they suck at it right now).

• Plus1 1