What is the future of the Republican Party?

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Geesh, so why are all the Dems up in arms about Liz Cheney if she voted for all these horrible dangerous positions and bills?   One would think Dems would be glad to have souch a demon voter out of leadership.  

What’s happening in the GOP has nothing to do with policy.

Your words over the past 4 months have mirrored Cheney’s.  You love the policies Trump pushed but no longer support him or the way he acted leading up to Jan 6th and after.

I just figured you seemed like a person that might give a s#!t that one party of our two party system is latching onto people instead of policy.

• Plus1 4

17 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Geesh, so why are all the Dems up in arms about Liz Cheney if she voted for all these horrible dangerous positions and bills?   One would think Dems would be glad to have souch a demon voter out of leadership.  

Let's walk through this slowly and simply, just one last time.

Liz Cheney will still be able to vote. 

No Democrat supports her voting record. They've actually pointed out the discrepancy.

But Liz Cheney has asked the Republicans to choose between their conservative ideology and a slavish devotion to Trump.

Everything she advocates matches what Archy 1221 says he wants the Republican Party to do moving forward.  

And yet when given the choice, Archy 1221 joins the crowd in knee-capping Cheney and pretending the Trump takeover of the party is no big deal. 

Of course you'd prefer that Donald Trump just fade away and not cause problems. But clearly that's not happening. 

All of this confirms that thoughtful Republicans are afraid to speak out against their lunatic fringe, from leadership on down to state elections and voter suppression efforts.

Many people find this increasingly creepy.  

Pick a lane. 

• Plus1 8
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Let's walk through this slowly and simply, just one last time.

Liz Cheney will still be able to vote. 

No Democrat supports her voting record. They've actually pointed out the discrepancy.

But Liz Cheney has asked the Republicans to choose between their conservative ideology and a slavish devotion to Trump.

Everything she advocates matches what Archy 1221 says he wants the Republican Party to do moving forward.  

And yet when given the choice, Archy 1221 joins the crowd in knee-capping Cheney and pretending the Trump takeover of the party is no big deal. 

Of course you'd prefer that Donald Trump just fade away and not cause problems. But clearly that's not happening. 

All of this confirms that thoughtful Republicans are afraid to speak out against their lunatic fringe, from leadership on down to state elections and voter suppression efforts.

Many people find this increasingly creepy.  

Pick a lane. 

I largely agree with you. 

But I think that the 'lunatic fringe' is now the base of the party. Poll after poll shows that 70% of Republicans support ousting Cheney. 

The "fringe" are the sane ones; the party has a base of anti-democratic crazies. 

• Plus1 9
6 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I largely agree with you. 

But I think that the 'lunatic fringe' is now the base of the party. Poll after poll shows that 70% of Republicans support ousting Cheney. 

The "fringe" are the sane ones; the party has a base of anti-democratic crazies. 

Well, yeah. I guess that's the scariest part. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Well, yeah. I guess that's the scariest part. 

We've heard it here before, with the line " 'Merika is a republic, not a democracy".  They've proven they'd be perfectly happy with an anti-democratic government....until it recoiled on them and everyone else.    

• Plus1 2