What is the future of the Republican Party?

44 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

No they changed the election law 

How so?

Like I said, I couldn’t read it all.  But what I did read said there was a lawsuit to extend voting access and they ruled it as legal.

How does a court “change” a law?

• Plus1 1

13 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pennlive.com/news/2020/11/federal-appeals-court-refuses-to-void-pas-three-day-extension-for-receiving-mail-in-ballots.html%3foutputType=amp

Not sure what your point is.  Are you going to try to take this to the Supreme Court and go what, 0-69 or 0-70?  I've lost track.  You and your peeps need to get over it. It's stalkerish.  Or is this going to devolve into the "fake judiciary" meme.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

No they changed the election law 

Whatever the method, it was legal.  And the court agreed.   So my point is, why are some republicans up in arms about something that was done during a pandemic that made it easier for people to exercise their constitutional rights and was in accordance with the rule of law.  

You would agree the bold phrases are often used to support other arguments from the right, correct?

1 hour ago, Scarlet said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pennlive.com/news/2020/11/federal-appeals-court-refuses-to-void-pas-three-day-extension-for-receiving-mail-in-ballots.html%3foutputType=amp

Not sure what your point is.  Are you going to try to take this to the Supreme Court and go what, 0-69 or 0-70?  I've lost track.  You and your peeps need to get over it. It's stalkerish.  Or is this going to devolve into the "fake judiciary" meme.

I’m not gonna do anything and your not even following the conversation @funhusker and I having which doesn’t surprise me.  

• Plus1 1

looks like the trumpsters are still trying to litigate the last election without actually taking anything to court with them to prove their case.   i thought most of them were over trump when he took nothing to court besides allegations

• Plus1 2

The question McCarthy and his fellow Republican leaders have to ask themselves at this point is this: Is it worth leading a party that stands for nothing outside of total and utter loyalty to a single man -- and which is unwilling to strongly condemn clear intolerance and ignorance? Is leading that empty shell leadership at all?

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

I’m not gonna do anything and your not even following the conversation @funhusker and I having which doesn’t surprise me.  

That's a conversation?  All I see on your end are opaque answers or links behind a paywall which doesn't surprise me.

• Plus1 4
1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

The question McCarthy and his fellow Republican leaders have to ask themselves at this point is this: Is it worth leading a party that stands for nothing outside of total and utter loyalty to a single man -- and which is unwilling to strongly condemn clear intolerance and ignorance? Is leading that empty shell leadership at all?

Why do you think it is that they won't condemn her considering she's not a rising star, wields no power, and doesn't speak to the base?  :dunno

• Plus1 3
8 hours ago, Scarlet said:

Why do you think it is that they won't condemn her considering she's not a rising star, wields no power, and doesn't speak to the base?  :dunno

They explain that in the article. This is a quote from it. It covers the face that she doesn't have power, or speak for the base, and yet R leaders have yet to censure her...and the dichotomy of that.