What is the future of the Republican Party?

10 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/changing-america/sustainability/energy/558919-trumps-angry-words-about-saving-birds-from-windmills%3famp

The interview when he ranted about windmills killing everything was yesterday on Hannity which is what I posted.

Ah. The tweet from acyn you posted was video clips from 2020. Very confusing. Sorry if I conflated the two, and thanks for this update. 

AND...from what I gather, you don't care about saving birds from windmills   :o:D

14 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Ah. The tweet from acyn you posted was video clips from 2020. Very confusing. Sorry if I conflated the two, and thanks for this update. 

AND...from what I gather, you don't care about saving birds from windmills   :o:D

Haha..I'm actually a nuke guy.  :)

• Plus1 1

Trump's sweeping assessment of wind power is, of course, based on a singular incident involving Trump himself. Scotland was building a wind farm next to a golf course Trump owned, and Trump thought the windmills ruined the view. So naturally he sued Scotland. And lost. The wind farm was built, energy was saved, carbon emissions were reduced and people still played golf. But Donald Trump never forgets an enemy, even if they're inanimate objects. 

The real takeaway is that Trump was given a national forum to remind people why he's a better President than Joe Biden and he chose to talk about windmills killing everything. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/17/2021 at 2:39 PM, BigRedBuster said:

OK, you work in the media world.  So, when she calls a press conference to announce her bill to fire Fauci, what is a reporter assigned to capital hill supposed to do?  I think they have three options:

a). Don't go.

b). Go, report it briefly but spend a lot more time on something else.

c). Report it as though it's the most important thing that ever happened that day.

I personally think a responsible reporter would do B and I think that's what the vast majority of them do.

Yeah pretty much Option B. Without knowing the nuances of Capitol Hill coverage, I think the ethically responsible thing to do is go and then determine the weight/value/importance of the press conference and the information. Weigh the facts, what's said, etc., and then make a judgement call as to what kind of attention it deserves or needs.

The closest example from my personal work experience as a reporter is when we used to go to daily police briefings and/or bi-weekly mayoral press conferences. Sometimes, there was nothing overly interesting to report so we just wouldn't report anything out of it.

But (and I'm NOT excusing this, for what it's worth) I'm not surprised that MTG holding a bombastic press conference to fire Fauci garnered so much attention. I think there are multiple ways a newsroom could evaluate this i.e. we should report on this to show how stupid she is, we should report on this because its important news people need to know, we should report on this because our viewers/readers will be interested, we should NOT report on this because it's clearly a publicity stunt, etc. etc.

And no matter what choice you make someone will hate you for it lol.

• Plus1 2

8 hours ago, commando said:

it's only gov of arkansas.....but this should be a mismatch of historic proportions unless the D by his name disqualifies him

Too much sciency stuff in his resume.  Probably part of the Deep State

• Haha 2