What is the future of the Republican Party?

2 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

This whole DeSantis popularity surge is both dumbfounding and interesting.  While I would certainly prefer him over Trump, I still don’t get why he’s so popular.  Probably because he’s Trumpian, but not Trump.  

I posted a link a while back that opines he is more Reaganesque...

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

“We do not believe that a juvenile that commits a violent offense, sex offense or one that takes advantage of a member of a vulnerable population, should be allowed to ‘clear the slate’ by participating in such a program,” Amy Mercer, the executive director of the organization, wrote before the legislative session. DeSantis echoed that argument in his veto letter. 

Mercer’s letter said the association would like to see a “specific list of felony offenses for which juveniles would not be eligible to participate” in diversion programs. Perry said he intends to file a bill again next year that will address the “legitimate” concerns raised by the governor and police chiefs. 

“I didn’t think they [concerns] rose to the level that it would happen, but I get it. I understand completely why the governor vetoed my bill,” Perry said, noting he will work with the governor’s staff more closely next year to ensure the new version gets signed into law.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

8 hours ago, funhusker said:

f#&%ing idiots.

if someone can find a Democrat at the federal level that says s#!t this dumb, I’ll vote for Trump in 2024.

Don't forget, this minority party destroying the country represents the will of the people! @Archy1221would vote for her instead of any name with a "D" next to it.

The political future of our country is screwed, but at least it's morbidly funny. 

• Plus1 1