What is the future of the Republican Party?

42 minutes ago, commando said:

i am thinking that the midterms will have a big republican message that we should elect republicans because Biden couldn't get everyone vaccinated. 

I don’t think they want to go there. The only take they have on COVID is that lots of people may be coming across the border with. I don’t think they want to mention COVID. I think they run on immigration and border security to take back AZ and some blue areas of Texas and couple that with crime/defund the police and inflation if prices for everything are still high.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

here is the link to the speech.  I listened and I don’t find the tweeters description to be accurate.   

I personally can't stand the guy's personality or his stances. I am not going to listen to 43 minutes of him...so, I will have to take your word for it. Thanks though. 

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

I personally can't stand the guy's personality or his stances. I am not going to listen to 43 minutes of him...so, I will have to take your word for it. Thanks though. 

You got that right.   I thought about listening and then thought  - Why ruin a perfectly good day?

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2
2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

What stance do you not like?  Immigration wise.  

For starters, I don't like the thought of deportation for 3/4 of a million people that are/have been "citizens" for virtually their entire life, due to a situation that they had no control of...

I don't agree that legal immigration needs to be decreased. I think we need to secure our borders, and then make it easier for people that want to be here, and be productive, to get here...for an increase of immigration. I also don't like that he seems to tailor his views on legal immigration based solely on the color of the immigrant. 

• Plus1 1

11 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

For starters, I don't like the thought of deportation for 3/4 of a million people that are/have been "citizens" for virtually their entire life, due to a situation that they had no control of...

I don't agree that legal immigration needs to be decreased. I think we need to secure our borders, and then make it easier for people that want to be here, and be productive, to get here...for an increase of immigration. I also don't like that he seems to tailor his views on legal immigration based solely on the color of the immigrant. 

:clap I "Amen" your points.  I would add that legal immigration needs to actually increase.  We need more skilled immigrants not fewer.  Our population is growing older and birth rates are growing lower - we need immigrants, as we always have, to sustain out growth.  

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

:clap I "Amen" your points.  I would add that legal immigration needs to actually increase.  We need more skilled immigrants not fewer.  Our population is growing older and birth rates are growing lower - we need immigrants, as we always have, to sustain out growth.  

Yep...I said the same. 

4 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

Thanks for sharing your views.  

I also think we should allow all current illegal aliens who have been here for say over 2 years (not sure the qualifier) to have legal status and work towards citizenship.  But I’m only for that, if the southern boarder gets secured first (and yes I am for finishing the wall as it is a good deterrent and allows CBP to funnel access points better.  

I think we also need to do a better job at helping all these immigrants assimilate better to the American way of life and stop bringing their failed ideals over here.  Heritage is great, but I’d you want to come here, stop trying to change our system of government.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1