What is the future of the Republican Party?

On 9/24/2021 at 10:02 AM, commando said:

isn't he just anti vaccine mandate?  i thought you would appreciate that 

Nope.  I am against the Covid vaccine mandate, because of how Previously infected people have similar antibody responses, plus the fact that under 35 years of age, Covid outcomes are not much different than the flu and we don’t mandate flu vaccines.  

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
23 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Nope.  I am against the Covid vaccine mandate, because of how Previously infected people have similar antibody responses, plus the fact that under 35 years of age, Covid outcomes are not much different than the flu and we don’t mandate flu vaccines.  

i think that it is very civic minded to get the vax just to help slow the spread and help protect those who can't or won't get the shot.  

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, commando said:

isn't the purpose of a mandate  to help slow the spread of the disease and to help protect those who can't get the shot?   

9 hours ago, commando said:

isn't the purpose of a mandate  to help slow the spread of the disease and to help protect those who can't get the shot?   

Sure, but how is mandating shots for previously infected people with antibodies slowing the spread of the disease when they have as much protection as people fully vaccinated according to Fauci and CDC members.  We just don’t know when that protection wears off, which is the same question for the vaccine too.  

I don’t see the harm in those people getting at least a single shot and a study bears out they could get even more protection, but that’s not the question at hand.  

• Plus1 2
23 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Sure, but how is mandating shots for previously infected people with antibodies slowing the spread of the disease when they have as much protection as people fully vaccinated according to Fauci and CDC members.  We just don’t know when that protection wears off, which is the same question for the vaccine too.  

I don’t see the harm in those people getting at least a single shot and a study bears out they could get even more protection, but that’s not the question at hand.  

and the younger people can't spread the covid?

This is the kind of stuff that shows Trump is and has been no good for the Republicans since mid/late December 2020.  He has jumped the shark since that point and been a net negative all the way around.  I think this headline quote kinda sums it up.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/cnn-commentator-scott-jennings-slams-trump-for-trying-to-sabotage-another-republican-in-georgia-he-needs-to-advance-the-party-instead-of-his-personal-emotional-problems/

CNN Commentator Scott Jennings Slams Trump for Trying to ‘Sabotage Another Republican in Georgia’: He Needs to Advance the Party Instead of His ‘Personal Emotional Problems’

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

This is the kind of stuff that shows Trump is and has been no good for the Republicans since mid/late December 2020.  He has jumped the shark since that point and been a net negative all the way around.  I think this headline quote kinda sums it up.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/cnn-commentator-scott-jennings-slams-trump-for-trying-to-sabotage-another-republican-in-georgia-he-needs-to-advance-the-party-instead-of-his-personal-emotional-problems/

CNN Commentator Scott Jennings Slams Trump for Trying to ‘Sabotage Another Republican in Georgia’: He Needs to Advance the Party Instead of His ‘Personal Emotional Problems’

Obviously I can't stand the guy.  He's a whiny, petulant wannabe dictator.  But I digress.

I'm really curious to hear from you whether or not you think he and his followers are damaging not only the Republican Party but our democratic institutions? 

His continual refusal to accept the 2020 results and flat out lying, to this day, that our election was compromised is a textbook disinformation campaign to sew doubt and justify nullifying the next election.  Include the harassment of election officials and the placement of Trump loyalists in those positions and future fair elections are in peril.  That's dangerous to all of us, including those who support this effort.  You know this 

We all ought to be fighting against this effort but it seems a large majority of Republicans are good with it and the Democrats are impotent as usual.

1 hour ago, Scarlet said:

I'm really curious to hear from you whether or not you think he and his followers are damaging not only the Republican Party but our democratic institutions? 

I don’t mind discussing my thoughts but would prefer to know what particular institutions you are referring to and not discuss a general statement about institutions which could mean all institutions.   

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

This is the kind of stuff that shows Trump is and has been no good for the Republicans since mid/late December 2020.  2016.  He has jumped the shark since that point and been a net negative all the way around.  I think this headline quote kinda sums it up.

FIFY.

EDIT:  OK...that's funny.  I didn't see the post above mine when I posted.

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I don’t mind discussing my thoughts but would prefer to know what particular institutions you are referring to and not discuss a general statement about institutions which could mean all institutions.   

Ok, specifically what I said in my post.  

His continual refusal to accept the 2020 results and flat out lying, to this day, that our election was compromised is a textbook disinformation campaign to sew doubt and justify nullifying the next election.  Include the harassment of election officials and the placement of Trump loyalists in those positions and future fair elections are in peril. 

To clarify, the democratic institution of free and fair elections.  He's clearly carrying out a disinformation campaign in order to justify overturning future elections.  Do you agree or not agree that this is the case?  If not, why not?  If so, how do you see a solution out of this looming constitutional crisis?   

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, Scarlet said:

Ok, specifically what I said in my post.  

To clarify, the democratic institution of free and fair elections.  He's clearly carrying out a disinformation campaign in order to justify overturning future elections.  Do you agree or not agree that this is the case?  If not, why not?  If so, how do you see a solution out of this looming constitutional crisis?   

I think what Trump has done since mid December has not been good for the election process.  By all accounts and recounts,  official ballot counts were on point.  He isn’t helping his cause or anyone’s cause.  

I will also add that what Democrat State AG’s and some Democrat leaning state courts did in 2020 by shingling election law also has hurt the democratic institution of free and fair elections.  Changing the election process without Congressional approval was not a good idea and is what caused much of the post election outrage.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1