What is the future of the Republican Party?

4 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

No way that can be correct.  I’m told here that Republicans are racist, insurrectionists who hate the planet and cow tow to billionaires.   Or I guess those people were just bloviating for the past year.  

All of that is somewhat true (you don't believe climate change is caused by humans for example, even though the scientific evidence is overwhelming).

As a Republican yourself, are you hoping Trump runs again? I personally guessed Trump has a ~60% chance to win while a non-Trump candidate would probably be much higher. It'll be interesting to see what they decide to do. 

• Oh Yeah! 1

4 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I’m told here that Republicans are racist, insurrectionists who hate the planet and cow tow to billionaires. 

It's not Republicans; it's the small but loud base that too many Republican officials are scared to distance themselves from, who are racist, insurrectionists who might not hate the planet but do love to follow strong authoritarian-leaning leaders who are bought by planet-destroying billionaires.

Most people are just regular folks concerned about providing, getting their kids educated, and lower taxes, and nobody on this board has ever made a claim anything close to that about every single Republican in the United States. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Currently the father in law is visiting.  A 40 yr GM Union, factory working, Democrat.  I guess I’m Democrat according to the Deedsker:dunno

Do you go out in public with him, affirm his behavior to others, or even listen to his thoughts and ideas about life? Then yes, he probably has had, even if only subconsciously, an impact on you and how others perceive you.