What is the future of the Republican Party?

5 hours ago, knapplc said:

Remember when they asked why we criticize DeSantis? 

This guy really shouldn't be in charge of my local book club - let alone a state or the country. 

But then again, Republicans will vote for this guy over any godless Democrat. They love this stuff, which is exactly why he did this. Scoring points by owning young libs!

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

This guy really shouldn't be in charge of my local book club - let alone a state or the country. 

But then again, Republicans will vote for this guy over any godless Democrat. They love this stuff, which is exactly why he did this. Scoring points by owning young libs!

FWIW I was listening to a politics radio segment the other day where he was discussed and per a GOP donor from a recent fundraiser he was described as "painfully awkward."

I'd believe it. From what I've seen he's got one speed and it's "being a snarky a-hole" to anyone he views as even mildly adversarial.

If he's got no charisma he will probably crash and burn like former presidential primary front-runner Scott Walker.

5 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Imagine being this triggered by a child wearing a mask. My goodness. 

giphy.gif

Gotta think he's not going into any given interaction thinking "Hmmm, what world a normal human do?" 

His thinking has got to be more like "Hmmm, what would score me a few more points with voters I need to like me?"

The ensuing behavior speaks for itself.