What is the future of the Republican Party?

41 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Mocked her mercilessly?!?  :laughpound If my commentary on her is considered mocking mercilessly, politicians have some pretty thin skin now a days.  

Don't make me look it up. 

In addition to some name calling, you agreed with the GOP censuring her and replacing her with a Trump loyalist. Honestly doesn't sound like the same guy you're presenting as today,

Also, it's not Liz's skin, my skin, or your skin. Nobody's feelings are hurt. It's simply framing your attitude on the subject. 

• Plus1 1

19 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Don't make me look it up. 

In addition to some name calling, you agreed with the GOP censuring her and replacing her with a Trump loyalist. Honestly doesn't sound like the same guy you're presenting as today,

Also, it's not Liz's skin, my skin, or your skin. Nobody's feelings are hurt. It's simply framing your attitude on the subject. 

It wouldn’t bother me if you looked it up.   I don’t believe I would disagree with much of any of the merciless mocking I did.  I think Chris Christie accurately described Liz’s attitude which I kinda touched on 6 months before he finally did. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

It wouldn’t bother me if you looked it up.   I don’t believe I would disagree with much of any of the merciless mocking I did.  I think Chris Christie accurately described Liz’s attitude which I kinda touched on 6 months before he finally did. 

The point is -- as it was then -- that Liz Cheney was saying virtually everything you've been saying on this board: that the party needs to move on from Trump and the Stolen Election nonsense and get back to responsible conservative governing. 

But you supported Cheney's censure, a bit gleefully to be honest, and accused her of attention-whoring. Maybe you just didn't like Liz as a messenger, but there were a handful of others who risked their GOP standing to make the same case, and no groundswell of policy-first Republicans rushed to their support. Quite the opposite.

You act like the GOP crazies are a minority not worth our time, but they clearly exert far more influence the the Cheney's, Romney's, or Kinzigers, and continue to champion the bats#!t former President you voted for twice.  

As I said back then, pick a lane. 

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
31 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

The point is -- as it was then -- that Liz Cheney was saying virtually everything you've been saying on this board: that the party needs to move on from Trump and the Stolen Election nonsense and get back to responsible conservative governing. 

But you supported Cheney's censure, a bit gleefully to be honest, and accused her of attention-whoring. Maybe you just didn't like Liz as a messenger, but there were a handful of others who risked their GOP standing to make the same case, and no groundswell of policy-first Republicans rushed to their support. Quite the opposite.

You act like the GOP crazies are a minority not worth our time, but they clearly exert far more influence the the Cheney's, Romney's, or Kinzigers, and continue to champion the bats#!t former President you voted for twice.  

Don't waste your time looking it up. We all remember. This is correct. 

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Does this mean you won’t be following up on the threat of looking up the mocking mercilessly posts so we know what that actually is? 

liz couldn’t get past the election in a way that it was all she focused on.  That was my complaint and why she lost leadership.  Nothing else nothing more.   That has nothing to do with my disdain for MTG.  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1
22 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Does this mean you won’t be following up on the threat of looking up the mocking mercilessly posts so we know what that actually is? 

liz couldn’t get past the election in a way that it was all she focused on.  That was my complaint and why she lost leadership.  Nothing else nothing more.   That has nothing to do with my disdain for MTG.  

This is the What is the Future of the Republican Party thread, and your non-answer pretty much nails it. 

• Plus1 1
34 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

And the same should hold true with what we know about Walker. 

I certainly agree...good thing I dont live in GA

But an Associated Press review of hundreds of pages of public records tied to Walker’s business ventures and his divorce, including many not previously reported, sheds new light on a turbulent personal history that could dog his Senate bid. The documents detail accusations that Walker repeatedly threatened his ex-wife’s life, exaggerated claims of financial success and alarmed business associates with unpredictable behavior.

Walker, now 59, has at times been open about his long struggle with mental illness, writing at length in a 2008 book about being diagnosed with dissociative identity disorder, once known as multiple personality disorder. But it’s unclear how he would discuss these events as a candidate.

https://apnews.com/article/lifestyle-sports-nfl-college-football-coronavirus-pandemic-5e2875eec11e93f9a3bf1fc859137ff8

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2

Cheney was focused on the election?  

24 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I certainly agree...good thing I dont live in GA

But an Associated Press review of hundreds of pages of public records tied to Walker’s business ventures and his divorce, including many not previously reported, sheds new light on a turbulent personal history that could dog his Senate bid. The documents detail accusations that Walker repeatedly threatened his ex-wife’s life, exaggerated claims of financial success and alarmed business associates with unpredictable behavior.

Walker, now 59, has at times been open about his long struggle with mental illness, writing at length in a 2008 book about being diagnosed with dissociative identity disorder, once known as multiple personality disorder. But it’s unclear how he would discuss these events as a candidate.

https://apnews.com/article/lifestyle-sports-nfl-college-football-coronavirus-pandemic-5e2875eec11e93f9a3bf1fc859137ff8

But some seem to think his policies are more important. 

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

But some seem to think his policies are more important. 

If you read this article a few things stand out….

He has definitely had some mental health challenges that led to very concerning and erratic behavior.   Most severe issues were back in 2001 or prior and he acknowledged getting treatment since then.   Are mentally ill people to be shunned from society even after they figure out what’s wrong and get treatment?   Let’s see what they dig out about his treatment toward women since his treatment for his disorder.  

His chicken business story was interesting in that one paragraph talked about him claiming $70-$80 million in REVENUE.   

To discount his claim, they looked at court records that showed his company had a average $1.5 million dollar annual PROFIT from a range of years.   Those are two totally different things.  I assume the author knows this but chose to conflate the two.   The agenda was probably to show he wasn’t as good a business person as he claims and maybe so.  But a $1.5 million dollar annual profit ain’t too shabby.  

So let’s not put him in Jeffrey Dahmer category just yet.  

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

Are mentally ill people to be shunned from society even after they figure out what’s wrong and get treatment?

No, and nobody is suggesting that. 'Society' and 'being an elected representative in the United States Senate' are also wildly different things. People say the same s#!t when pastors come back after sex scandals - "Isn't there forgiveness in Christ? They should be able to be forgiven and move forward". Forgiveness doesn't mean they ever need to be a pastor again.

I assume the author knows this but chose to conflate the two.

Big assumption.

The agenda was probably to show he wasn’t as good a business person as he claims and maybe so.

Another big assumption.

So let’s not put him in Jeffrey Dahmer category just yet.  

Sounds good, don't think anyone's doing anything close to that either.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1